Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best head lamp ever made

Have had this head lamp for a year now and thought it was time to share it with the world. This a top of the line lamp designed for mountaineering. It is comfortable and light. Comes with a auto recharger and wall mount charger, I keep it charging in the van after every call. It has both the white LED lights and the incandesant lamp is AWESOME lights up everything.

I have had many head lamps in the past, most were either to small, or to bulky. Most of the time they were just pieces of crap that lasted a week. This is going on strong for a year now without any issues. Yet to change the bulb, or batteries, just keeps going and going. Worth the money.

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/gear/soliras.php

Crap jinxed it......bulb will go out tomorrow. Specialized replacement bulb is only $14.00. Not bad for as long as this has lasted.

For $219 it would need to be good!

I said it was the best....not the cheapest!

We all talk about buying only the best. I purchased this on sale at our local Black Diamond dealer here in Salt Lake City. Got it for 175.00.
    I was watching a documentary on climbing Mt Everest. I was thinking to myself, that is would really suck if I was at 29,000ft and my light was to malfunction! They had a close up where I caught the manufacture of the lamp they all were using. Did research and figured if these guys are willing to invest in this, then it must be good.

I personally hate hand held flashlights. They have there purposes, I'll admit. But I am at that age where even in a well lit mechanical room I find myself wearing this lamp. Really enjoy working on control boards and tracing wiring inside units with all the light I can get.

P.S. The guys on Everest use an aftermarket solar panel combo to recharge this headlamp.

i was gonna get the bosch 10.8v impact drill, but i already have the i-driver and the p20 drill.i guess i'll go for this flashlight then the bosch impact.my hacksaw blade last longer than any of my flashlight i own before sending it to the dumdster.for $200+ i hope will last atleast 2 years.

Where is it made?

If you want a good head lamp, ask a caver.

http://www.innermountainoutfitters.net/subcategory.php?subcategoryid=14&page=all

Sten Light, Apex, or Nova 3 are very good lights. Anything Petzel makes will last a very long time (mine is 15 years old and is still going).

If you want a long lasting light, go with a Carbide lamp. Mine is 80 years old and still works like it is brand new. I still use it on every cave trip.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

panama city beach (aka lower alabama or LA) FL
    i use a lil rayovac headlamp its compact light weight and it only uses 1 white led but is plenty bright enough for me and i do alot of work in tight crawl spaces plus for 15.00 bucks its cheap and if i do tear it up in a crawl I can get another with out breaking the bank .......it uses 3 aaa batteries which fortunately i work for a company that provides me with batteries

Since I wear hats alot I like using the clip on type led lights and you can also use it as a hand held when needed.

So I guess the mag-light in the mouth method is going out of favor? Thats a good thing....lol

This site is closed for new stuff but still has some good info on flashlights/head lamps.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/index1.html
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Since I wear hats alot I like using the clip on type led lights and you can also use it as a hand held when needed.
    Thats what I use..... very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by DPSwitch View Post
    Thats what I use..... very handy.
    Hey DPS..........your email addy still the same?

Yeah.....I didnt change it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast