+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve Core remover

Post Likes
    I bought the Appion for the mini splits at work. The core gets left in the ball valve. I usually end up shearing the tip off the old core. At that point I am usually short on patience. A quick flick of the ball valve (410a) and the offending valve parts are blown out of the way. The new core goes in well though.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Post Likes
    Just remember that all cores are not created equally.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Culpepper View Post
    I bought the Appion for the mini splits at work. The core gets left in the ball valve. I usually end up shearing the tip off the old core. At that point I am usually short on patience. A quick flick of the ball valve (410a) and the offending valve parts are blown out of the way. The new core goes in well though.

Post Likes
    I bought the yellow jackets as well thinking it would be good as well. Bought two actually and hate them. Havnt been very happy lately with their stuff. Have a set of 6foot ball valve hoses I bought in March and the low side ball valve leaks. Just had to return my brute II manifold that was nothing but problems since day one. And now the core removal tool is a piece of trash.
    I love their vacuum pumps though, built like a tank and simple no frills bs, but man they are letting me down..
    Also the brute II I had the gauges were stamped made in Mexico?!

Post Likes
    I have four YJ CRTs. Never have had a single issue with any of them. Schrader valves remove easily and they hold a vacuum very well.

I guess I got lucky four times....

Sent from my thumbs to your eyes

Post Likes
    I have the Appion for almost 2 years and never had any trouble. Gets the cores out with no problem.

Post Likes
    Which removal tool do you own? I have the model with the side port for access.

Post Likes
    The C&D rod works with the yellow jackets but for the money charged for the yellow jackets you shouldn't have to do that

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Culpepper View Post
    I've done that in the past. I have 4 C&D core removers; haven't had a problem for several years. A lot depends on the quality of the core.

Sometimes the core is installed too tight or the access fitting nose is 'rolled over' by a brass flare cap,making it impossible to remove the core. It may unscrew all the way but not come out with the core remover.

Then I have to drive a small screw (about a #6 x 1") into what's left of the core to pull it out (after recovery, of course).
    JUST A LITTLE CLOSER AND THE LITTER BOX IS ALL MINE!

Post Likes
    I have used YJ, CD and appion. Ball valves tend to wear out and leak. I consider CRT's to be expendable items that wear out like the brakes on my truck. If I can get a year out of one I'm happy to though it in the trash and buy a new one or at least relegate it to non vacuum duty.
    -Marty

Post Likes
    Mine are brand new. It has pulled cores on a few pieces of equipment but it's not consistent at all. It takes a great deal of force (for a core removal) to get it to grab.

Post Likes
    After I purchased the new CPS core tool, I used it on a few units and it is worse than the YJ I have. The YJ will eventually pull the core out but so far the cps does not. With such bad reviews I'm afraid to spend money on appions next.
    I am an apprentice and I do appreciate advice.

Post Likes
    I have the Appions and never had a problem with them.

Post Likes
    I have the Appions and had the problem, Appion sent new stems. Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in