Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The C&D rod works with the yellow jackets but for the money charged for the yellow jackets you shouldn't have to do that

Quote Originally Posted by John Culpepper View Post
    I bought the Appion for the mini splits at work. The core gets left in the ball valve. I usually end up shearing the tip off the old core. At that point I am usually short on patience. A quick flick of the ball valve (410a) and the offending valve parts are blown out of the way. The new core goes in well though.
    I've done that in the past. I have 4 C&D core removers; haven't had a problem for several years. A lot depends on the quality of the core.

Sometimes the core is installed too tight or the access fitting nose is 'rolled over' by a brass flare cap,making it impossible to remove the core. It may unscrew all the way but not come out with the core remover.

Then I have to drive a small screw (about a #6 x 1") into what's left of the core to pull it out (after recovery, of course).
    JUST A LITTLE CLOSER AND THE LITTER BOX IS ALL MINE!

I have used YJ, CD and appion. Ball valves tend to wear out and leak. I consider CRT's to be expendable items that wear out like the brakes on my truck. If I can get a year out of one I'm happy to though it in the trash and buy a new one or at least relegate it to non vacuum duty.
    -Marty

Mine are brand new. It has pulled cores on a few pieces of equipment but it's not consistent at all. It takes a great deal of force (for a core removal) to get it to grab.

After I purchased the new CPS core tool, I used it on a few units and it is worse than the YJ I have. The YJ will eventually pull the core out but so far the cps does not. With such bad reviews I'm afraid to spend money on appions next.
    I am an apprentice and I do appreciate advice.

I have the Appions and never had a problem with them.

I have the Appions and had the problem, Appion sent new stems. Problem solved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123