Alerton VAV Calibration

I'm told I'll be checking out some TX-VAVi Alerton VAV box controllers. Is there any special software/cables needed?
    TIA
    jogas

If is a Tx VAV, it is from the IBEX line, which is phasing out by the way, but if it is and you are using a Microset (one with a display and buttons) you will not need anything but the balance mode cut sheet that can be found in the manual. If there is any other kind of room sensor such as Microtouch (no display) you will need a service tool. The service tool is basically a Microset with a jack that plugs into the Microtouch. Make sure you get the 3 wire device, the 2 wire is for the Bactalk line. (you will have to remove the back of the tool to see if it is a 2 or 3 wire device)

It is very easy to calibrate an Alerton VAV controller. You read the CFM with your flow hood and then change the value on the Microset or service tool to match your reading (only can be changed when in balance mode). That is it. Make sure you do it at Max cfm by putting the box into full cool and it is a single point calibration so you are done. You will have to make sure the box size and cfm set points are correct, this can be done from the front end or the Microset/service tool.

Quote Originally Posted by alertontech View Post
    If is a Tx VAV, it is from the IBEX line, which is phasing out by the way, but if it is and you are using a Microset (one with a display and buttons) you will not need anything but the balance mode cut sheet that can be found in the manual. If there is any other kind of room sensor such as Microtouch (no display) you will need a service tool. The service tool is basically a Microset with a jack that plugs into the Microtouch. Make sure you get the 3 wire device, the 2 wire is for the Bactalk line. (you will have to remove the back of the tool to see if it is a 2 or 3 wire device)

It is very easy to calibrate an Alerton VAV controller. You read the CFM with your flow hood and then change the value on the Microset or service tool to match your reading (only can be changed when in balance mode). That is it. Make sure you do it at Max cfm by putting the box into full cool and it is a single point calibration so you are done. You will have to make sure the box size and cfm set points are correct, this can be done from the front end or the Microset/service tool.
    Thanks a million for the reply.
    According to the drawings, most of the zones do have the display microtouch, but a few large zones have only return duct sensors. Can I calibrate those from the front end? Or do I need a service tool to connect to the TX_VAVi?
    The job does have a Microview, and a front end (I'm told).
    Lastly, the all VAV's have hot water reheat coils (with valves). That will add to the calibration procedure, no?
    jogas

The VAVs with a RA sensor can be calibrated from the front end. This is not as easy as it should be because the stuff is kind of hidden within the software. There might be an Alerton Standard VAV template that has all of the logical tux points on it. There you will find box size and calibration factor. A TX VAV out of the box has a calibration factor of 104.

As far as the reheat coils, all the VAV controller does is opens and closes the valve, the balancing of the flow itself will need to be done with the balancing valve if installed.

Hi

Where can I get manuals of Alerton's devices such as Microtouch.

Why 3 wire?
    Why and what mean 2 inputs?
    What mean W and C scripts in bias?

Why 3 wire?

The 3rd wire powers the LCD backlight.

Microtouch,

Yellow wire: Room temperature
    Red wire: Set point bias
    white wire: ground

I found information, but thanks.

Anyway I need more more info about Alerton's devices, and in the Alerton's site there is not much accessible.

FIRST TIME WORKING WITH ALERTON CONTROLS. HOW DO I GET AN AIR& BALANCE REPORT.