Lousy install location

{img}http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4721/visions1ir4.jpg[/img]
    Haven't posted a pic in a long time. Don't know if it will show.

Had a devil of a time TRYING to service this untouched 10 year old Carrier 58RAV. Needless to say, something BAD happened.
    meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

Can anyone tell me how to post pics?

You want the [.. Not the {

Looks like fun

That will be a blast to service... Hope its not the blower motor. Those carriers are the worst.

Thanks Mayguy.
    Tough to see, but the area in the bottom-right of the 2x4 is a drop ceiling. Space between furnace and studs about 1 foot. Couldn't kneel or squat. Had to lay sideways. There would never be room to get blower or heat exchangers out.

Got tired and cramped. Tried to stand to turn around. "POP" went my left knee. Tore my meniscus. Slowly got my stuff down and to the van. Told my boss I'm going to the ER.

Manager and a Service tech went to this job. Service tech put up an 8ft ladder. Manager went up with a flash light. Took one look and came back down. They didn't argue with me. Paid me for monday. Paid for an orthopedic brace so my knee can't move sideways. Comp requires me to see an Ortho prior to authorizing an MRI. Sucks. Can't afford to not work.

I hope you feel better soon.

What were those builders thinking? That old furnace should probably be replaced anyway.

Looked at a Carrier 58rav with a bad board not too long ago. HO was nasty, rude and cheap. So I walked away from that one. Access was a little better but the attic and cat walk was full of rat turds. The house was like 5000 square feet (3 systems) in a high end neighborhood. New cars in garage.