Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Now that I have gotten my Bluevac back, the gauge itself is now fine. What seems to be going on now is I am having leaks at the valve cores on my Appion core tools. What happens is if I eliminate the cores from the ports, remove the core depressor from the YJ coupler, all is well. If I connect the Bluevac with the coupler directly to the service port, in this case the recovery tank, everything works fine as well. Its only when the valve cores are installed in the core tools and the core depressor is in the coupler that I get a gradual rise in microns and then a sudden dive back to the correct level and the cycle will continuously repeat.

I picked up a Yellow Jacket core tool today and am going to try that and see what happens. Has anyone else experienced this with Appion core tools and if so, what turned out to be the solution? I tried making adjustments to the depth of the core depressor in the coupler, loosened/tightened/replaced cores in the appion core tools to no avail.
    l8r

Quote Originally Posted by dachipsta View Post
    Now that I have gotten my Bluevac back, the gauge itself is now fine. What seems to be going on now is I am having leaks at the valve cores on my Appion core tools. What happens is if I eliminate the cores from the ports, remove the core depressor from the YJ coupler, all is well. If I connect the Bluevac with the coupler directly to the service port, in this case the recovery tank, everything works fine as well. Its only when the valve cores are installed in the core tools and the core depressor is in the coupler that I get a gradual rise in microns and then a sudden dive back to the correct level and the cycle will continuously repeat.

I picked up a Yellow Jacket core tool today and am going to try that and see what happens. Has anyone else experienced this with Appion core tools and if so, what turned out to be the solution? I tried making adjustments to the depth of the core depressor in the coupler, loosened/tightened/replaced cores in the appion core tools to no avail.
    I've seen that before twice so far. The first time I just replaced the valve core. The last time chasing my tail after pulling the valve core like you did, I replaced the same one, adjusted the depressor out a half turn and that took care of the issue.
    Bill

Thanks wptski, sounds like its a sweet spot I need to find so I'll screw with the valve cores and the depressor until I get it sorted.
    l8r

Tried nylog once and will never use it again.As for the appions they are great i just hand tight and iv'e never had a problem.As for the BluVac it rocks.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123