Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Armed Customer foils Armed holdup

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080103/D8TUN9JO0.html
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A customer at a grocery store stopped an armed robbery by pulling his own gun and holding the suspect at gunpoint until police arrived, authorities said.
    Charlie Merrell, 51, was standing in a checkout lane at Bucks IGA Supermarket on Indianapolis' south side when a masked man jumped over a nearby counter and held a gun on a store employee, according to a police report made public Wednesday.
    While the suspect demanded cash from workers, Merrell pulled his own handgun, pointed it at the robber and ordered him to put down his weapon, the report said. After a moment the suspect placed his gun and the cash on the counter, removed his mask and lay on the floor. Merrell held him at gunpoint Monday until police arrived and arrested the suspect.
    Police said the suspect's gun was not loaded. Merrell had a valid permit to carry his gun, which was loaded, police said.
    The suspect, identified as Dwain Smith, 19, was being held Wednesday night in Marion County Jail on initial charges of robbery, criminal confinement, pointing a firearm, battery and carrying a handgun without a license.
    These are the kind of stories the Brady commission doesn't want us to hear. A legally armed civilian stopping a crime. I wish more people would realize the value in an armed civilian populace. Make a criminal think twice about whether his life is worth the crime he is about to commit. Add more certainty to a criminal getting stopped and caught when committing crime. As it stands, too many criminals get away with it too many times.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Anyone interested in contributing to a fund raiser to buy Charlie Merrell a box of ammo?

I have always said that crime will go down when everyone owns and carries guns!!!

Guy walks into a bar pulls out a gun 20 other customers pull out guns guy says hey just checking if the safety was on.

Guy walks into a bar pulls out a gun no other customers have guns because now they are all illegal guy says give me all your cash!!!
    "Do not let what you can't do interfere with what you can do"

"Do what you can do the best that it can be done and no one will ever know what you can't do"

Ya know, most insurance covers robbery. No need to put your life on the line.

As a matter of fact, if you do not comply in a robbery as an an employee of 7-11 you can get fired.

Plus, most of these robberies are over less than $100 cash... What a stupid waste.

[QUOTE=oloenneker;1718970]Ya know, most insurance covers robbery. No need to put your life on the line.

Can you believe this

This is how Liberals think. If some one robs your store
    dont worry about it your insurance covers it.

Just amazing
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid."
    - President Dwight Eisenhower

Yep. Let the crimes begin...insurance has ya covered.

How stupid can an idea be?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post

As a matter of fact, if you do not comply in a robbery as an an employee of 7-11 you can get fired.

Plus, most of these robberies are over less than $100 cash... What a stupid waste.
    Sure sounds a lot like you're advocating welfare for criminals.

I carry anytime I leave the house Even to Church. Some of the areas I work in It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. First rule of a gun fight HAVE A GUN.

That is an AMAZING position to take.

We need seperate insurance companies. You guys who encourage theft will run-up my rates.

Jesus

fack the SOB had a gun and was threatening to use it....... ...the customer put the ******* on the floor, and had him locked up........... he's a freeking hero in my book..........

what would you do if you were in that situation and some dirtball perp told you to kneel on the floor......you'd..whimper and beg I bet huh............

COMPLY .......? COMPLY..??? kiss my ass this guy was a ballsy MF'er {unlike you}..

also he didn't work for 7-11..............the perps lucky......... I'd a shot the son of a Beech and then called the cops.....

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Jesus

fack the SOB had a gun and was threatening to use it....... ...the customer put the ******* on the floor, and had him locked up........... he's a freeking hero in my book..........

what would you do if you were in that situation and some dirtball perp told you to kneel on the floor......you'd..whimper and beg I bet huh............

COMPLY .......? COMPLY..??? kiss my ass this guy was a ballsy MF'er {unlike you}..

also he didn't work for 7-11..............the perps lucky......... I'd a shot the son of a Beech and then called the cops.....
    Nah. He'd call his insurance agent.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Nah. He'd call his insurance agent.
    yeah and then they'd go by the rules of engagement...........(which they do only when it applies to their ass getting caught)

" he didn't announce to me he was a police officer and read me my rights, I want my lawyer and an ice cream cone.........waaaaaaaaaaa".....

And your attitude is for pussies that deserve whatever the bad guys want to dish out.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast