Thread: Which brand should I choose?

Post Likes

Which brand should I choose?

I am replacing an oil burner with a 2-stage, variable speed blower, propane furnace and a high efficient heat pump. I have three contractors and a choice between York, Tempstar, and Airtemp. Which brand should I choose? I am looking for the best equipment not the lowest bid.

Post Likes
    None my favorite but if I had to choose, then York. Make certain a two stage thermostat is included that controls furnace staging. Plus York pumps have demand defrost which is great feature. I would want a filter media cabinet as well.

IMO

Post Likes
    York or Tempstar. The new Vision Pro with EIM or Prestige IAQ would know how to stage the gas backup. Or if you are getting communicating equipment, use that control of either brand.

Post Likes
    I was leaning towards the York until I discovered their warranty for the YZH Heat Pump (their best). The warranty is lifetime compressor and 10 year parts only if it is paired with their Affinity furnace (modulating). I didn't like being forced to buy their modulating furnace. What do you think. Does the Warranty matter? Should I go with the modulating furnace? I was leaning toward the two-stage furnace because of the simple design. Here is their warranty:
    "* Lifetime limited compressor warranty applies to a matching York® system consisting of an Affinity™ AC/HP, Affinity™ furnace or air handler and York® coil. Non-matching York® system reverts to a 5-year limited parts warranty and a 10-year limited compressor warranty."

What brand would you put in your house?

Post Likes
    I am new to the HVAC world. I didn't understand a single thing that you told me! Sorry.

Post Likes
    Take the brands and add the company name behind it. Brands really don't matter because its all on the install. Like this:

Trane ala Bubbahvac....junk
    Trane ala Detail guy hvac....beautiful long lasting

York ala Bubba hvac....junk
    York ala Detail guy hvac....beautiful long lasting
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Take the brands and add the company name behind it. Brands really don't matter because its all on the install. Like this:

Trane ala Bubbahvac....junk
    Trane ala Detail guy hvac....beautiful long lasting

York ala Bubba hvac....junk
    York ala Detail guy hvac....beautiful long lasting

LOL But oh so true!
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in