New problem...heat's out, Carrier system

As if we don't have enough HVAC problems (see previous threads for the saga), now that it's 12 degrees outside our basement HVAC unit has quit. We get no display on the thermostat at all and the unit is not running. We'll be calling a serviceman in the AM, but what could it be? The system was newly installed (new construction) less than 2 years ago. Our main floor unit seems to be struggling to keep up too...despite being set on 71, the temp is reading 69/70 and I haven't noticed the gas back-up or the high-speed fan kicking in. Any pointers?

is the basement system a gas backup or electric?
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

ok I'm blind! is the gas furnace a 90+ efficient unit with a condensate pump?

problem

Now that it's 12 degrees, if it's a condensing furnace, go outside where it drains out and see if the line's froze up, un thaw it where it can drain the water out of the furnace and see if your display and heat comes back on....

i don't know the answer to that

where would the drain be located outside?

find your furnace, follow the pvc line that comes off of it, and trace where it's going, if it's in the crawlspace it probably dumps out of the side of the house somewhere, more than likely the same place the a/c drains out

i won't be checking it out tonight in the frigid dark, but if i'm not mistaken, our AC condensation lines run underground far across the back yard to keep water away from the house. our furnace is in a mechanical room in the center of a conditioned basement.

Find the pump ( if you have one) and follow the tubing to the exterior of the building. The pump should be right next to the furnace on the floor. The pump gets rid of the water coming out of the furnace. IT has a float switch that will turn off ( open the circuit) the power to the thermostat. if the pump fills up and doesn't come on (unplugged from power) or if the drain to outside is frozen or plugged, the float switch will turn off the power to the thermostat to prevent water from getting on your floor.

Check filter how bad isit? You need service.
    Aint Notin Sweeter, Then A Brand New Heater!!!!!!!!!!

is your thremostat digital? maybe the batteries are dead.