Question Need Advice: Armstrong, Lennox, Rheem or Trane ?

I currently have a Lennox system. The outdoor condensor needs to be replaced. In order to do that the indoor coil will also need to be done and most likely the furnance. One contractor has not specified yet which system he would recommend. The 2nd has suggested Armstrong Air. We're looking at a 3 or 3.5 ton system.

Armstrong appears to be less expensive but I'm wondering if we get what we pay for - a poorer quality, less relaible system.

I've tried doing some research on maintenance & reliability of the various manufacturers systems but can't find much information available to the consumer. This forum seems to have some of the best info so I thought I'd ask for advice & input on the various manufacturers here.

Just about every system has it's good and bad points. What truly makes a system good is proper and thorough installation. If the manufacturer web sites aren't helping you can try consumer reports (consumerreports.org). You mention either a 3 or 3.5 ton system. That is a slight difference but it could be important for your comfort and efficiency. Have any of the contractors done a load calculation and duct survey?