Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sounds like a new coil is in order, I would make sure though that the inlet cold line to the coil is not throttled back - Sometimes that is done to slow the flow thru the coil to get better hot water recovery. Idealy the hot water pressure should be nearly equal to the cold side-

good luck-

tankless water heating coils

Your old coil is probably filled with calcium deposits. I have the same problem. I had mine cleaned a couple times but the guy that did it died and I cannot find anyone who knows how to do it.Each time he did it , it lasted about 10 years.
    All he did was pump acid thru it and then flushed it good.

When it is clean the water ran continually and stayed hot. I think he said he ran .7 1/2 gal per min.. The coil is limed up again and I'd like to clean it. but I don't know what kind of acid he ran thru it.

He did it without taking the coil out of the furnace. He just pumped acid thru it until it ran clean. Does anyone know what kind of acid he used?

If some one knows the proper acid to us ,maybe we can both clean ours.
    Thanks, Guys

Quote Originally Posted by clarence steine View Post
    Your old coil is probably filled with calcium deposits. I have the same problem. I had mine cleaned a couple times but the guy that did it died and I cannot find anyone who knows how to do it.Each time he did it , it lasted about 10 years.
    All he did was pump acid thru it and then flushed it good.

When it is clean the water ran continually and stayed hot. I think he said he ran .7 1/2 gal per min.. The coil is limed up again and I'd like to clean it. but I don't know what kind of acid he ran thru it.

He did it without taking the coil out of the furnace. He just pumped acid thru it until it ran clean. Does anyone know what kind of acid he used?

Thanks, Guys
    Of all the DIY projects, that is up there at the top of the list of things NOT to do. I know how to do it. I have all the equipment, including an extra pump and acid sitting in my shop, and I stopped doing it years ago. That acid is some nasty stuff.

Before you get it done, have someone check your water softener. If you've always kept salt in it, then it isn't doing it's job.

Quote Originally Posted by clarence steine View Post

Thanks, Guys
    Unfortunately, that would violate the no DIY rules of the forum.

And there is an art to doing it. If done wrong, it can do more harm then good.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12