Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Post Likes

    power burner need barometric damper?

    can somebody help me understand why a retrofit of a gas power burner into my peerless WBV-04 oil boiler requires the installation of a "barometric damper"?

    the damper i have now is installed in a T, and flaps in on a strong draft.

    apparently it needs to be replaced with one that flaps out as well as in.

    why in the world would i want the damper to flap out into my house???

    wouldn't that mean that exhaust is entering my house?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Post Likes
    I don't know where you are located but in our neck of the woods, the barometric only opens INTO the pipe and there have to be TWO spill switches wired in series, mounted directly to the baro and right above the top of the opening into the damper. So if ANY spill occurs, the system shuts down. So whoever told you that you need a baro that actually dumps into the room, methinks is smokin' somethin' bad!!
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

    If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.