Darn pressure switches

Hello all. I have a 10 YO Rheem Criterion II FAU and am having problems with the draft inducer motor pressure switch. It doesn't seem to pull enough vacuum to trigger the switch reliably. I've replaced the switch with new switch and same problem. Is there a retrofit or redesigned replacement for this switch? I'm thinking of using a relay ran off the inducer motor 110v wires that would open and close a 24v switch in lue of the pressure switch/ Any ideas? Thanks Mac

Mac, the problem is not the switch. Get a technician who knows how to test the vent pressures diagnose what is causing your problem.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Macaluso View Post
    Hello all. I have a 10 YO Rheem Criterion II FAU and am having problems with the draft inducer motor pressure switch. It doesn't seem to pull enough vacuum to trigger the switch reliably. I've replaced the switch with new switch and same problem. Is there a retrofit or redesigned replacement for this switch? I'm thinking of using a relay ran off the inducer motor 110v wires that would open and close a 24v switch in lue of the pressure switch/ Any ideas? Thanks Mac
    I think you'll kill yourself or your family if you keep this crap going.

Call someone that actually knows what they are doing.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.