which MERV rating filter is best

Hi
    i have a goodman model A24-10 electric furnace and i have been using the chaep blue fiberglass filters and was needing somthing better but dont want to get a high MERV rating filter and it cut down my air flow too much and burn up my blower motor so does any one have any idea what MERV rating would be ok ?
    i'm thinking of maybe A MERV 8.
    i'm guessing that the cheap blur fiberglass filters dont even have an MERV rating ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC1984 View Post
    i have a goodman model A24-10 electric furnace and ... ... so does any one have any idea what MERV rating would be ok ?
    i'm thinking of maybe A MERV 8.
    Correct < = 8.

http://www.airguard.com/downloads/AI...llproducts.pdf

Use a 2" or 4" thick filter, if your are able to appropriately modify/replace your filter rack.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    You need to have the static pressure of the system tested,then compared to the manufacturers "fan data" ,this will let them know how much if any additional static(filter resisteance ) can be safely added.

If needed to ducts can be remediated to reduce the static and allow a better filter.