Help with Carrier Heat pump!

I'm working on a carrier Model # 50Zh-036-301 Serial # 5004G31379
    the customer complains that the unit freezes up and does not defrost! Of course whenever I show up it is not Iced up! But anyways, I procede to jump the defrost t-stat out and watch the unit run, and it will not go into defrost. I have the timer set at 30 minutes, I wait, and 50 minutes goes by and nothing, the unit does not even try! I than procede to jump out the speed up terminal's and still nothing. Now the reversing valve is good, the unit will switch over from heating to cooling at the thermostat no problem. I thought my problem was in the board, so I picked up a new board and coil sensor from Carrier, and the unit still won't go into Defrost! What am I missing here? I'm about to push this thing off the roof !

Quote Originally Posted by crstephens83 View Post
    I'm working on a carrier Model # 50Zh-036-301 Serial # 5004G31379
    the customer complains that the unit freezes up and does not defrost! Of course whenever I show up it is not Iced up! But anyways, I procede to jump the defrost t-stat out and watch the unit run, and it will not go into defrost. I have the timer set at 30 minutes, I wait, and 50 minutes goes by and nothing, the unit does not even try! I than procede to jump out the speed up terminal's and still nothing. Now the reversing valve is good, the unit will switch over from heating to cooling at the thermostat no problem. I thought my problem was in the board, so I picked up a new board and coil sensor from Carrier, and the unit still won't go into Defrost! What am I missing here? I'm about to push this thing off the roof !
    No R. Bad jumper wire. Bad board. Not disconnecting jumper from speed up terminals fast enough.

Now the board is new, so I know that is not the problem, but the speed up terminals, am I supposed to jump them to each other, that is what I was doing, my jumper wire is going from 24 to the t-stat terminal on the board! and is the timer in the board accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by crstephens83 View Post
    Now the board is new, so I know that is not the problem, but the speed up terminals, am I supposed to jump them to each other, that is what I was doing, my jumper wire is going from 24 to the t-stat terminal on the board! and is the timer in the board accurate?
    I can't give step by step instructions in the resi forum. If you're actually an hvac tech, then apply for pro membership and post in the technical forum.
    Sounds like you're completely unfamiliar with the process of forcing defrosts.
    I have no idea what you mean by "from 24 to the t-stat terminal on the board".

I'll Repost this in the pro forum!