Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Probably wasting a post but I'm thinking that the -036 is a 3 ton unit?

I'm using a RPPB -036JAZ. Installed at the end of '05. In my case, I think that it has been modeled up to the RPPC

Ask about an 10 year extended warranty, If you get an ECM airhandler and a high eff heatpump, the warranty will pay for itself if any thing major occurs. It will also add value to your home.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Question

RPPLNote:
    Only these combinations of indoor/outdoor units are approved and any other combinations should not be used. RPPL-030JAZ Heat Pump unit/RHLL-HM3617 Air Handler/w (RCSL-H*3617A*) coil. 14.5 SEER, 10.10 HSPF. Highest sales volume tested combination required by DOE test procedures. Add a quality energy star thermostat to the mix and you should be set.

Question Rheem ?

The system I've been quoted is: A RPNL-030Jaz (13 seer) with the RHLL-HM3617JA (V/S) air handler with the 3617 coil.

This matched system is suppose to bring the seer rating up to 14 with a 9.35 HSPF and be the most efficient system for the money in my area.

When I asked about the RPPL-030JAZ with the RPPL -30 they advised it would cost a lot more and it wouldn't be worth the additional expense. Would it be worth the additional costs to go with the RPPL-30?
    Last edited by Tapestry; 01-02-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Better question

The RPPL-30 with that AH & coil runs 14.50 SEER and an incredible 10.10 HSPF. Is that worth a bunch more? Probably not. Payback in cooling wouldn't be as great as the additional savings in heating. But combined, still could be a while to get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapestry View Post
    The system I've been quoted is: A RPNL-030Jaz (13 seer) with the RHLL-HM3617JA (V/S) air handler with the 3617 coil.

This matched system is suppose to bring the seer rating up to 14 with a 9.35 HSPF and be the most efficient air handler for the money in my area.

When I asked about the RPPL-030JAZ they advised it would cost a lot more and it wouldn't be worth the additional expense. Are they really that much more in cost?
    The system you mentioned is an approved combination according to Rheem. You mentioned it was a R-410a system so I went with what I quote. Sorry if there was a mix up! This system should do a good job for you. Enjoy!

Smile Thanks Bunches for all your help

Thanks so much you guys....... I love this site, It's like having great friends helping with your HVAC questions......

How about Warranties? I know I want a 10 year. IS there any advise you can give on them?

Be sure the warranty comes from the manufacturer or Equiguard, which often manages the manufacturer's warranty. A long warranty from a dealer is not too wise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12