Tridium/Vykon JACE 200 or JACE 600 with 16/32 IO modules

Anyone on the list able to comment on these new JACE controllers from Tridium? Any memory issues? Stable? IO modules robust? Would YOU put these over top of YOUR chiller plant?

I feel it is a step in the right direction.... I would love to see Tridium go further down the path of local control.

We just completed a small job, Multi-Zone and Steam boiler.
    Per the customer's panel display requirement, we used the Lynxsys display that attaches to the front of the 201.
    We used a JACE 201 and IO-16 modules.
    No problems so far.
    No network communications either, just stand-alone.
    jogas

Sounds interesting. Would you further describe that panel. I have never heard of Lynxsys. Are you sure that is the correct spelling? Do you have any links to their website?

Quote Originally Posted by 24VDC View Post
    Sounds interesting. Would you further describe that panel. I have never heard of Lynxsys. Are you sure that is the correct spelling? Do you have any links to their website?
    The IO-16 modules plug directly into the JACE, with the power supply plugged on end, all mounted on DIN rail.
    The display is pretty basic, but works fine: http://www.lynxspring.com/lcd.jsp
    jogas

Lynxspring is an OEM vendor for Tridium. They slap their label on the JACE2/6, as well as put some custom software into the devices. Its interesting to see that people are using their display tecehnology.

I haven't used the JACE2 since the horsepower has always been too low, but the JACE6 is a workhorse when it comes to providing a web interface, plus using the IO modules. My experience though...I'd rather use different IO separate from the JACE (e.g. programmable DDC controller). This way if the JACE goes down, my stuff will still control stand-alone nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by misternorth79 View Post
    Lynxspring is an OEM vendor for Tridium. They slap their label on the JACE2/6, as well as put some custom software into the devices. Its interesting to see that people are using their display tecehnology.

I haven't used the JACE2 since the horsepower has always been too low, but the JACE6 is a workhorse when it comes to providing a web interface, plus using the IO modules. My experience though...I'd rather use different IO separate from the JACE (e.g. programmable DDC controller). This way if the JACE goes down, my stuff will still control stand-alone nonetheless.
    As I understand it, Tridium will have it's own display available soon (by Lynxspring?).
    BTW, their label comes on their own display housing. To use it, you must remove/discard the original JACE 201 cover. The display has a JACE interface that plugs into one of the JACE's Comm ports (underneath the 201 battery).

As far as standalone, that means at least an OAT sensor for each unit. I'd like to see it also, but most of the time it's not practical.

jogas

Lynxspring is an OEM of Tridium. They manufacture their own hardware. The only custom software that is placed in the controllers are those for application specific uses (i.e. RTU and special appliances).

The controllers can also be sold a la carte.