+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jace Upgrade Issue

Post Likes

Jace Upgrade Issue

I had a new one today. I upgraded a Vykon supervisor and 4 Jaces from 3.5.34 to 3.8. All went well until the last Jace. The station failed with an error "Feature sunj2se not licensed, station cannot run". Does anybody know what this is? Looks like a java thing. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Have you updated the license for the JACE? Starting in 3.6 I believe the JVM changed to a SUN one from an IBM? one and the features in the license is different.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    Have you updated the license for the JACE? Starting in 3.6 I believe the JVM changed to a SUN one from an IBM? one and the features in the license is different.
    Yes. I verified that the license is at 3.8. I did look at the license file and there was no reference to sun anywhere. I took this site over from another contractor and they changed out a Talon Jace 2 with a Vykon Jace 6 and just transferred the license. This is the only jace that had an issue. I'm wondering if that is part of the issue. It's still showing a Staefa license in the Jace.

Post Likes
    Perhaps a clean dist and re-commissioning would help?

Post Likes
    I had that same issue on a different branded Jace during an upgrade back in October 2013. Somehow the license file had developed an error.

What ended up working was deleting the license from the Jace, reboot, import from file (A current issue of the license was emailed to me from tech support at the time. I presume you could simply "Import from Server" if your station Jace has internet access), and reboot again. That worked for me.

On a second Jace, I ended having to recommission it and reboot (Power cycle). After that, all was well.

Good luck. Be sure to back up your station 1st, just in case.

Post Likes
    I did a clean dist and recommission. I tried everything multiple times with the same result. The license file doesn't say anything about sun. I think the customer is going to have to buy a new license and get rid of the old Staefa one.

Post Likes
    My license files have "sunj2se" as a line item. If yours doesn't, that explains it. As controlgeek states, you should check the Jace hardware version, it may have been a IBM JVM before, but after the upgrade it's looking for sunj2se and its not there/not compatible. There are older versions of Jace's that simply aren't capable of running 3.8 due to lack of resources I believe.

I'd send an inquiry to whomever your support channel is and send them a copy of the license file and state that it's missing the "Sunj2se" entry and see if its possible to get it added.

Otherwise, you may have to do a clean dist. and go back to what version you had before, granted you backed up a copy of the station prior to updating.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ems4ty View Post
    My license files have "sunj2se" as a line item. If yours doesn't, that explains it. As controlgeek states, you should check the Jace hardware version, it may have been a IBM JVM before, but after the upgrade it's looking for sunj2se and its not there/not compatible. There are older versions of Jace's that simply aren't capable of running 3.8 due to lack of resources I believe.

I'd send an inquiry to whomever your support channel is and send them a copy of the license file and state that it's missing the "Sunj2se" entry and see if its possible to get it added.

Otherwise, you may have to do a clean dist. and go back to what version you had before, granted you backed up a copy of the station prior to updating.
    Thanks for the help. I'm already back at the old rev and running fine. My support channel is working on a solution.

Post Likes
    有遇到同样问题怎么解决

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in