Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Look at this picture: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3847/img0699dr0.jpg

I don't like how the coil condensate line pitches up to reach the T.

I agree this will be changed any other issues! thanks ron

Ya, they should just pipe the coil separately. Will save you from a lot of headaches.

Aesthetically, I would have them bring some acetone and some terry clothes and clean up the PVC some. It's your system, you should demand that everything is clean and neat!!

No vibration pads under the furnace?

Not that i know of . Is this in the installation instruction? thanks

That I'm not sure of. I'm not sure if they're necessary or not, but they probably wouldn't be a bad idea if you're concerned about any noise.

Look, let's get down to brass tacks.

Some guys will do the minimum that is required to pass inspection(you got one didn't you?). And then there are some guys that go above and beyond to make sure that the system not only operates properly but it is also pleasing to the eye.

I don't care what the install instructions say, but a proper install should never have the furnace resting on concrete, period!!! That along with the PVC issues are what I'd correct.

Oh, and tell him to bring some duct mastic with him or some clear silicone for the joints. Foil tape is what hackers use.

Also, it'd be nice to see some pics of the outdoor stuff too...

The purple primer is code in many areas as you can't tell if someone has used any primer when it's clear.

Is the house warm? If so pay the guy.

I’d be more concerned what the external static pressure (ESP) is on the system than how it looks, but thats just me. If you plan on pulling up a chair and staring at the furnace, then ask him to address any cosmetic issues you have .
    Ed J

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Janowiak View Post
    The purple primer is code in many areas as you can't tell if someone has used any primer when it's clear.

Is the house warm? If so pay the guy.

I’d be more concerned what the external static pressure (ESP) is on the system than how it looks, but thats just me. If you plan on pulling up a chair and staring at the furnace, then ask him to address any cosmetic issues you have .

It has nothing to do with pulling up a chair. It has to do with showing pride in your work.

Are you saying you are this sloppy, Ed?

No I pay more attention to how I apply purple primer.

But I'm also not a fan of throwing contractors under the bus cause some primer that will not affect the operation of a system one bit is running down the vent.

I'm more of a is it working, is it sized right, were any comfort issues addressed than
    aesthetics kind of guy .
    Ed J

Listen Seating heating I would appreciate it if you would stop infering that I sought out a cheap install-- I didnt. So stop smirking. All i am trying to do is be a good consumer as best i can, and all I am seeking is advice which is kindly given by most on this board. All I am seeking is a system without flaws that effect its operation and not the Mona Lisa. So far the major flaw that was pointed out to me was the PVC from the coil being run improperely. Any others. Thanks Ron

Is here a way to check the ESP?

Yah, you tell him Ron .

All kidding aside, is the install giving you the comfort you were looking for? If so then pay the guy

I would get him to redo the AC drain so it pitches down, water will seek it's own level (meaning it will drain as is) but htere is no reason to have a trap that can't be easily cleaned on a new install.

Good luck with it .
    Ed J

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast