Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ron3637 View Post
    Is here a way to check the ESP?
    Yes, read the book that came with the furnace.
    Ed J

Ed is the ESP the same as the static pressure? If not what book.

Ron, it's checked via the Infinity thermostat I believe. I'm not sure how though. ESP = External Static Pressure. By book I'm sure he means user manual.

Listen Ron!!! Or don't listen, I don't care. I'm the professional, you are the consumer.

Every point I've made is valid. I wouldn't leave an install looking that way.

Should it keep you from paying the guy?? Of course not.

Some of us just hold ourselves to higher standards than others. In no way is this judged by how much you pay. I know guys in my area that charge an arm and a leg and are hacks to the umpteenth percent.

I'm just trying to help you out. If having your contractor come back and fix a couple of issues and maybe make it look of higher quality is bad-mouthing you then so be it! You are the one paying for it.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by ron3637 View Post
    Ed is the ESP the same as the static pressure? If not what book.
    Yes ,Infinity static reading is very close to measured ESP,if all is working well.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Janowiak View Post
    The purple primer is code in many areas as you can't tell if someone has used any primer when it's clear.

Is the house warm? If so pay the guy.

Id be more concerned what the external static pressure (ESP) is on the system than how it looks, but thats just me. If you plan on pulling up a chair and staring at the furnace, then ask him to address any cosmetic issues you have .

I agre with Ed,the rest is more cosmetic,though it could look better.

Listen Seating heating I would appreciate it if you would stop infering that I sought out a cheap install-- I didnt. So stop smirking. All i am trying to do is be a good consumer as best i can, and all I am seeking is advice which is kindly given by most on this board. All I am seeking is a system without flaws that effect its operation and not the Mona Lisa. So far the major flaw that was pointed out to me was the PVC from the coil being run improperely. Any others. Thanks Ron
    I hate to be a #@%$^&*, but you get for what you pay for. It's a very true statement, unless you got taken to the cleaners!

Is here a way to check the ESP?
    Is a DIY going to check ESP? I thought we weren't allowed to help DIY HO.

But i do have questions?
    1. is there a reason for the furnace to be facing one way than the other?
    2. could the furnace have been tighter to the wall?
    3. could the duct system have been correctly redone with the install or was this a separate cost?
    4. the condensate doesn't look very professional.
    5. did they do a Load-Calc before selling you a furnace system?
    6. What is the model of the furnace, just interested in knowing the fan capacity. and what size is your A/C?
    7. ESP is one thing. how about gas pressures and temp rise?

May your system last at least 10 years. you do have warranty, don't you?

Al

Arc8, Ron made an informed decision with different bids judging by his previous postings. He's already made it clear that he was not out looking for a cheap install. I won't argue with the fact that you get what you pay for in most circumstances, but we don't know what he paid.

Also, I don't think I'd call using one of the Infinity thermostat's features DIY.

What does the exhaust pipe look like outside? Also the outdoor unit?

Looks like some of the guys pointed out the drain... Where is the other drain line coming from, Humidifier?

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    I agre with Ed,the rest is more cosmetic,though it could look better.
    I agree. Except for the drain issue, it looks functionally fine as long as the static checks out. Just differences if personal opinions and preferences as far as 'aesthetic' quality.

And why didn't they face the furnace same as the coil? From my view as having to service/work on the furnace, I hate being jammed up against a wall and trying to work, or getting into the blower compartment to service the fan or check the HX.

Just my .02.
    Happy heating!

PS: Pay the guy!
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Thank you all kind soles. From what I have learned, I rest easy with the install. Life is too short to be consumed with anxiety over burnt toast. Ron

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234