Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpcoach View Post
    About 2 weeks ago, the stove begin to periodically shut down. The only way to get it going was to hit the reset button. It would run fine and then do the same thing the next day. Now, it is shutting down more frequently. It also restarts fine when you hit the restart button. From what I am reading, I need to go through and do a good cleaning. I clean it weekly but will try to do a really good cleaning. Any other possibilities as to why it would do this? Thanks
    poor draft, it needs to be cleaned. vacuum switch is bypassed during start up. You also may have a bad door gasket. Look for the stove to pull .60 in of WC

Quote Originally Posted by islandmatt View Post
    We have had our Quadrafire Castile for about 4 years and have had minor problems on and off, but now, seem to be stumped with the latest problem. We are unable to get any assistance from Quadrafire (who seems to have removed the tech support # from their site) or any assistance in terms of repair from any dealer. Here's the problem: When we turn up the thermostat to turn on the stove, the exhaust fan comes on, pellets drop, igniter heats up red hot - stove doesn't light. Once in a while the pellets light but then the exhaust fan eventually turns off and the pellets go out before an additional drop of more pellets. Push reset button - pellets drop, igniter heats up - stove doesn't light. After going through this procedure many times, it will start up and smoke comes out of the back of the stove into the house until the fire gets going and then it stops. This is our only source of heat so fixing is pretty important. We have taken everything apart including the vacuum hose and cleaned and vacuumed all. The snap disks have not tripped and we have checked and cleaned the exhaust tubing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated
    Read through this thread to other comments I posted, you problem sounds like a cleaning is due. You are not getting enough air. Inspect the impeller fins for debris.

Confused castile quadra fire pellet stove

I have a castile quadra fire pellet stove. My electricity just clicked on and off. The stove has been off all summer. Since the electricity clicked back on the exhaust fan keeps running. I tried to reset and it doesn't work. I can only unplug to get it to stop running. Any suggestions?

Wait 20 minutes, don't touch anything.

castile quadra fire pellet stove

Do I let it run for 20 minutes and see what happens? I unpluged it because of the odor and didn't want it to burn out. Please let me know and thanks for your help

Odor? You never said it started burning? When you plug a stove in, or power goes out then back on the exhaust blower runs for 15-20 mins. This is a safety in case the stove was running before the power went out, to clear any smoke.

Smile castile pellet stove

jtp10181,

Thanks for your help. I plugged it in and let the exhaust run and it did shut off. This is the 1st time I experienced this, so I wasn't sure why it did it.

Confused Help - amber light flashing in control box

Hello! I purchased a home last year with a castile insert that was installed in 2005. It started up great this year, but now I am having a problem. The stove cycles through one time, but when the thermostat calls for heat the next time (call light is lit and exhaust fan is on), the control box continously flashes an amber light three times in succession and no pellets drop. The only way to get it to start again is to unplug it and start over. I was told by the dealer it may be the thermocouple. So I completely cleaned the ceramic cover and inspected it - no ash buildup, two thermocouple wires are still welded together, and everything looks okay. Could it be the control box? When I plug the unit back in, the blue light flashes six times as expected and then it just starts back up again. I also noticed that the control box is lighting green and red during the fire as it is supposed to. I don't want to purchase a new control box if it is just the thermocouple. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. This is my only source of heat and with the tax credit expiring, getting a service tech here is nearly impossible!!

The amber light is the thermocouple error.

I would replace the thermocouple, it probably has a break in it someplace, maybe you are not seeing it.

Quadra Fire Castille Pellet Stove Question

My quadra fire Castille insert is 2 years old. Went to fire up this season and it started to run, dropped initial pellets and then quit. Knowing that cleaning is a big cause of shut downs and problems started, I cleaned again even though I had cleaned in the spring. I also replaced the glass door roping. Still would not fire up. I disconnected the vacuum pump and jumped the wires. The stove started up fine and is running. Does this mean the vaccum pump is bad or could it be the hose is clogged (I have blown through it)? Any help? Thanks.

It could be goind bad, or you might not have enough suction to trip it. As part of your cleaning have you removed the combustion blower and cleaned the flue?

Need to test draft with a manomter so be sure.

sounds like I need to start with more cleaning

I have not removed the convection blower. I will work at doing some more cleaning before I replace the vacuum switch. How bad is it to run it with the switch bypassed? I am out of town and told my wife to run it if she got too cold. Before I left to go out of town, it ran for a couple of hours with switch jumped and seemed to be running normal.
    Last edited by ctpcoach; 10-29-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: forget detail

Hopper fire - now won't turn on

Hi all,
    I have two Quadrafire Castile pellet stoves in the house with the 2n'd year running them. Tonight I woke to the smell of slight smoke in the house - & found my upstairs pellet stove was off & some smoke coming out the top of the hopper. I vacuumed out the pellets & found there was a small hopper fire going on. On inspection I couldn't see what could have caused it (had JUST cleaned & vacuumed out the auger for dust last week) but did find something oily or greasy on the auger chute.... so maybe something dropped into the auger & caused it to jam? Further inspection shows there was a spark of some kind on the wires leading to the auger. So maybe the vibration rubbed the wire, caused a spark, killed the auger & somehow the flame creeped into the auger? Not sure there as that would seem like a coincidence... as it should have just burnt out the pot & stopped.

Regardless - the thing won't turn on or give ANY signal now. I've checked the fuse & zip. It's getting power. Is there a safety feature beyond the fuse? I'd like to know where to start in checking all the parts to see where the damage is & what to replace.

Thanks for your help.

Matthew in Castle Rock, CO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast