We live in the Phoenix metro area and have a Lennox unit. Our current problem is this:
1. No air blowing through the registers at all. (Most of the time, say 98%)
2. When air does blow it is warm air, but as stated above it is rare when we do get airflow.
3. We have a digital thermostat that shows it is supposed to be heating.
4. When I turn the system on, I hear a "click" and the roof top unit appears to be running but no airflow!
I have the install sheet from the previous owner and it describes the unit as:
1. Equipment: GP
2: Make: Lennox
3. Model #: 6CS 20R-042-75-4P
4. Work performed: "Remove old Rheem Gas Pack and install a Lennox 12 SEER, 3.5 ton gas pack. Will include a new digital thermostat. Replace existing 16" vent pipe R/A and install 18" flex duct riser."
This unit was installed 06/25/2002. We have lived here since 09/2005 and have not had any issues like this before.
The thermostat is a White-Rodgers Type 1F86-244
As is probably evident, my knowledge of the inner workings of HVAC units and the like is quite limited. Please help with any advice. Thank you in advance!