Question Please help ignorant woman

Hi everybody
    This is my first time to buy a Heat Pump. I have a 1300 sq ft home and went to Alabama Power to get installer and quote. He sold me on a 15 SEER Lennox system but is going to charge XXX. I think it is because of installation of ducts and other labor because I have separate A/C and wall furnace. Do ya'll think the XXXX is too steep for my size house? PLEASE Help

I take it that you did not read the rules and pricing to see why it is not allowed....

Twilli say we can't answer pricing questions...moderator will be along shortly to edit your post. Get another quote or two....post picture
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

We can't discuss pricing in the forum, but get more than one estimate and you will get an idea.

No fair, Twilli types faster than me

pricing is something that is impossible to judge without seeing the house yourself. that being said get multiple proposals at least two more. check for howlong the company has been around, and when they show up do not tell them the price you allready have been quoted. as far as SEER rating 15 to 16 is where i would try to stay and also look into variable speed air handler. as many higher efficiency units require them.

Just wondering why everyone states that to check on how long that the company has been around....

Does this imply that a company that is just been in business for a few years is not as good as a company that has been in business longer??

Hmm

OK
    Thanks sorry about putting dollar amounts in. Thanks for your help guys!!

not at all but i can't count the times that we get calls from people in the coldest time of year with a breakdown and can't find the guy that put there unit in. not all new guys in the biz are going to disappear but it ismore likely for them to than someone who has been around a while and have a large investment in their business i.e. warehouse , offices , trucks , employees. i know when we get real busy we have to take care of our units first so the person who can't find their installer can get stuck without much they can do about it.

The older companies just have bigger auctions when they go broke!

Wink

Don't forget the picture

Research your contractors and ask for refrences. Get more then one bid. Ask your contractor to do a load calc as part of the bid.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    If they are "approved " by Alabama Power,you have very likly choosen someone that will do it right.