Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Mr. Hughes that is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by ron3637 View Post
    No a company called mindte did the work. They don't advertise and rely on word of mouth. Been in business i believe since 1956 .C-m was too expensive. Mindte did a first rate job at a fair price-- not cheap but i didn't have to pay for c-m type company's over head.
    You're right. It sounds like you got a good installation as well. I have heard of them and seen their trucks around.

Condensate pump will only stop HP..Aux heat will still work..

Quote Originally Posted by bertqc View Post
    Condensate pump will only stop HP..Aux heat will still work..
    I think he has a gas furnace and an air conditioner, though. PVC may still be the safer bet, but I'll leave that up for discussion among the pros here.

Not a heat pump installation--infinity gas furnace

well even though your gas furnace will make water in the winter it will not be nearly asmuch as in ac though. the pump was probably used because the installer was not comfortable allowing just gravity to drain, as low volume drain is very susceptible to swags in the line which can develope over time. your odds are good that you will not have problems but no one can guarranty that , you could put a new pump in once a week and it could fail.

I think the pump will mainly drain the humidifier in the winter and the coil in the summer. I don't know how much condensate a furnace makes? Anyone out there have an idea about how much condensate an infinity furnace produces. Thanks

Is there any PVC attached to the Infinity furnace? I think some (not sure about the Infinity) furnaces produce condensate, but I don't know how much.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Is there any PVC attached to the Infinity furnace? I think some (not sure about the Infinity) furnaces produce condensate, but I don't know how much.
    The infinity is a condenseing furnace, like most HEFF they produce quite a bit of condensate I would guess a couple gallons a day based on use.
    Also any condesate from the vent will use the same drain.
    I remember my first day,It was fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12