Anyone Using A Smith Quickbraze Torch?

I've been doing a bit of searching on torches and found these Quickbraze outfit's for hvac work. I use a Turbo Torch now & really like it, but was thinking about getting a oxy/acty outfit as well just for close quarter's, reversing valve,s, etc. Residential service is all the torch will be used for. Any reccomendation's?
    model m-man

Haven't used one yet, but did just order one from cyberweld today. I also ordered the S8 tip for some of the bigger stuff. Looks like it can be a handy little set-up. I price shopped it like crazy and cyberweld was about the lowest price and I've been satisfied with there service on previous purchases.

I thought it looked to be a handy setup as well. I would appreciate a little feedback after you give the torch a few trial run's.

Used mine quite a bit

Nice small tip size and did a hell of a job for me.

The multiflame tips have their place but I mostly got by with the single tips.

Another advantage was the weight,with the thing being so small it hardley weighs anything.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

I have one and it's great. I ordered the kit with the different tips and it is nothing but a top notch piece of equipment. If you will go to the Smith website
    they have a free safety dvd that you can get which covers a lot of the oxy-fuel
    safety procedures. We use it at the evening Tech School classes for training.
    You will appreciate the quality investment in a good torch and regulator for years to come.
    Whoa Maynard - that's not how it works.

Thank's for the feedback. I like the large Smith torches, just haven't seen one of the small Quickbraze outfit's. I wanted a small portable & this one seem's to be geared to my need's better than what they carry at my local supply house. I don't need another cut-weld just in a smaller size.

smith equipments website says they offer lifetime warranties on their products and I like the looks of the quickbraze hvacr torch kit they have...looks like a good product!

Thumbs up

I have a Quickbraze setup listed in the Junkyard!!!!

need turbo & oxy ace

I use em both. I have a Victor med duty with tank adapter for oxyace so I can switch from the mc tank for repairs or to my larger setup for commercial.

I also have an extra torch handle so I can use uniwelds tip for RVs (still an annoying job by yourself -- pfft).