Emergency switch needed?

I've a hot-air furnace in a mechanical room in a finished basement. There is an emergency on-off switch at top of cellar stairs and another on the furnace itself. Do I need to add one outside the mechanical room in the finished basement area? The room is not a bedroom if that makes any difference.
    TIA,
    bob

Your local enforcement authority would be the final, determining factor in the answer but there's no code known to me that would require another switch. Most codes require a service switch within 6-feet of the appliance and depending on whether it's gas or oil, most require an emergency switch somewhere outside the appliance room. In the case of an open basement, the switch can't be at the head of the stairs but must be on the other side of the basement door. When the unit is enclosed within a room, the switch at the head of the stairs is okay, because it's outside the unit room.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

It's a gas-fired unit if that helps any.