+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fryers, fryers,fryers.

Post Likes

fryers, fryers,fryers.

last had a call on a imperial fryer, pilot will go off at about 400 degrees, bypassed hi limit worked fine, replaced hi limit unit up to par.... to day had another fryer call pilot ould not stay lit replaced thermopile , nothing, bypassed hi limit, nothing, bypassed t-stat, nothing adjusted pilot flame nothing , proccess of elemination, ROBERTSHAW GAS VALVE. will replaced next day ... fryers fryers, fryers.

Post Likes

Angry

I absolutely despise fryers. I think they are the worst thing by far to work on in a kitchen. I especially hate the gas ones; or the ones that are very over-engineered super hi-tech. I mean, it's a fryer, do they have to be so electronic? I wish we Americans would stop eating so much fried food so maybe there wouldn't be so many of these. But on the other hand, it pays the bills.

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by howardgt View Post
    I absolutely despise fryers. I think they are the worst thing by far to work on in a kitchen. I especially hate the gas ones; or the ones that are very over-engineered super hi-tech. I mean, it's a fryer, do they have to be so electronic? I wish we Americans would stop eating so much fried food so maybe there wouldn't be so many of these. But on the other hand, it pays the bills.
    your right, those nasty fryers do pay the bills!!!!!!!!!!!! we only have electric fryers where i work. but it seems like i work on one almost everyday. people gotta have their fries

Post Likes

Nasty fryers

I do a lot of commercial kitchen work. Pitco fryolators are a PITA to work on in a cramped, busy cooks line. Change out a leaking flex gas line? First you have to find the fittings under all the grease. The messes I've seen after pulling a fryer from the counter used to make me loose my lunch. I've gotten over that for the most part. Love changing out the controls on these beauties too. Its usually broken cap probes from stupid employees not using the screens or actually cleaning the darn things a little too well. Not fun changing contactors in old Wells fryers either. What about working on the middle fryer in a bank of three or four with stupid cooks slinging baskets of food over you, dripping goddang grease all over you. Almost got into a fight over that once with an amigo in a kitchen. My rant is over for now.

Got to love the scars from these evil contraptions!

Post Likes
    the henny pennys to me were an over engineered mess but once i got used to them they were pretty nice.

one good thing though after working on fryers, i eat alot healthier. i hope that is not what the inside of my arteries look like... sheesh
    Last edited by alltexaspride; 01-18-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Likes
    does pilot stay lit for a while or wont stay lit after releasing pilot knob?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newbeetech View Post
    last had a call on a imperial fryer, pilot will go off at about 400 degrees, bypassed hi limit worked fine, replaced hi limit unit up to par.... to day had another fryer call pilot ould not stay lit replaced thermopile , nothing, bypassed hi limit, nothing, bypassed t-stat, nothing adjusted pilot flame nothing , proccess of elemination, ROBERTSHAW GAS VALVE. will replaced next day ... fryers fryers, fryers.
    Did replacing valve fix problem?

Post Likes
    Did you bypass the hi-limit, then returned with the new one. Or did you replace it right away? Reason I ask is I know A guy who bypassed a hi-limit, ordered it. The cooks continued using the fryer with the limit bypassed and it ended up catching the kitchen on fire. Since then I never leave a fryer running with a bad hi-limit, especially imperial, once you change the hi-limit the t-stat will need to be replaced. And yes Its from the cooks cleaning them a little too good.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in