Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pneumatics

Pneumatics

I don't work on much pneumatics due to the fact there are not many buildings done with pneumtics up here. But I had a no heat with a boiler/trane air handler system at this fabricating shop in town which is all pneumatic. It was the first time I had to troubleshoot a pneumatic system, Happened to be a faulty time clock to swtich operation of three boilers. So now of course I want to get studied up on pneumatics. Just was wondering if there are any tips on where to get info. Tried google search and didn't get much useful info. Or if anyone can explain basic operation of them. I know how a pneumatic t-stat works and why the system is used. Just don't know much about them.

Put your email addy in your profile. I have some fundamentals books on pnuematics and control sequences I can send you beins its Christmas.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    Put your email addy in your profile. I have some fundamentals books on pnuematics and control sequences I can send you beins its Christmas.
    If you could send me the same info it would be appreciated.

I've been putting together a collection of information files and PDF's that I'll be burning to a CD to give to a particular apprentice (and probably others in the future).

It's all meant to be a sort of "Introduction to ..." and "How it works ..." series of information plus a handy reference source. Geared mainly towards those youngsters the company sends our way from time to time as helpers for the Automation Techs. The company's method of finding new "possibles" to become Automation Techs, either within the new construction side or on the Service side.

Plus, from time to time I get a call from a journeyman from within the electrical or mechanical side who is looking for study material because he or she is thinking about applying for a transfer over to Automation.

(When we have openings within the Automation/Temperature Controls side of the house, current employees always get first shot at filling them. Plus we maintain a base group of Controls trained types within our Service Dept.)

When I read this post I got to thinking about the fact that all I've got in that information collection so far about pneumatics is the information contained in the Honeywell Gray Manual plus a few cutsheets for some equipment.

So, if you wouldn't mind sending me what you have that you're willing to share? Anything would be appreciated.

Hope you and yours had a fine Christmas and/or Holiday.

Wisconsin guy? --- in the union? If so they have some fundamentals books you can take a look at. Better get familar, because I'll put money on that fab shop not being interested in upgrading anytime soon.

pneumatics

get a copy of the honeywell gray manual and control pro pneumatic control training book. good luck

link does not work

Hey Abstractk would ya email me those books too
    thanks
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Rolo will be along any time now and correct your spelling of pneumatics to "pnewmatics"!

-JB

Quote Originally Posted by osiyo View Post
    If you could send me the same info it would be appreciated.

I've been putting together a collection of information files and PDF's that I'll be burning to a CD to give to a particular apprentice (and probably others in the future).

It's all meant to be a sort of "Introduction to ..." and "How it works ..." series of information plus a handy reference source. Geared mainly towards those youngsters the company sends our way from time to time as helpers for the Automation Techs. The company's method of finding new "possibles" to become Automation Techs, either within the new construction side or on the Service side.

Plus, from time to time I get a call from a journeyman from within the electrical or mechanical side who is looking for study material because he or she is thinking about applying for a transfer over to Automation.

(When we have openings within the Automation/Temperature Controls side of the house, current employees always get first shot at filling them. Plus we maintain a base group of Controls trained types within our Service Dept.)

When I read this post I got to thinking about the fact that all I've got in that information collection so far about pneumatics is the information contained in the Honeywell Gray Manual plus a few cutsheets for some equipment.

So, if you wouldn't mind sending me what you have that you're willing to share? Anything would be appreciated.

Hope you and yours had a fine Christmas and/or Holiday.
    Any chance i can get a copy of that CD?

Quote Originally Posted by nick0danger View Post
    Any chance i can get a copy of that CD?
    Okay. I don't know how interesting or useful it'll be for you. Since much of the material I'm putting together will be stuff that's either been talked about on one of the forums of this site, or links to the various PDF's or web pages have been given at one time or another.

And the information files I'm putting together are those meant to be of a general nature (ie How it works.) as versus specific instructions for a particular line of equipment or control network protocol.

There will be some original material, but little. Mostly it'll copies of stuff done by others, source author identification left intact. Mostly what I'm doing is the selection of material, organizing the copies, and indexing info so a person can find what ever one might be looking for if a person is looking for specific info and it's in the collection.

But you're welcome to have a copy.

Once I'm done with it and can find a place that'll host the files for you to download, I'll let you know.

Expect it to be a couple weeks or so down the road as I'm a trifle busy right now.

Absrbrtek, can you email me also?

osiyo if you need a no BS host for this email me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast