Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

West Coast Liberals

This is how Arnold and his liberal buddies think.

In what may be the largest early release of inmates in U.S. history, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's administration is proposing to open the prison gates next year for some 22,000 low-risk offenders.
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid."
    - President Dwight Eisenhower

I think Arnold is a republican and his wife is a democrat.

There letting them out so they can vote.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Well, let's be fair, maybe they're only as dangerous as Paris, Nicole or Kiefer Sutherland?

Article pertaining to this story: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MNMHU2OOI.DTL

With a recidivism rate of 75% they have to make room, 3/4 of them will..."BE BACK"....
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

[QUOTE=mrs reb77;1706771]Well, let's be fair, maybe they're only as dangerous as Paris, Nicole or Kiefer Sutherland?

Well, lets be fair, out of the 22,000 prisoners, how many
    do you think are a fair comparison to Paris, Nicole or
    Sutherland.
    The point I am making is, I am sure their are a lot
    of other things that can be cut , rather than letting
    prisoners out. It might not be politicaly, something
    Arnold should do but his job is to make sure the public
    is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Well, let's be fair, maybe they're only as dangerous as Paris, Nicole or Kiefer Sutherland?

Article pertaining to this story: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../MNMHU2OOI.DTL

With a recidivism rate of 75% they have to make room, 3/4 of them will..."BE BACK"....
    LOL. That's almost funny--have three out of four of the released inmates say to the Governator as they walk past him, "I'll be back".
    Let's face it, our drug laws are leading to overpopulation. And have you seen the numbers on those released?

Save like $740billion over 10 years, I think.??? It's a ridiculous amount of money. Never fear, the Fed will print more.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Hmmmmm.....maybe we should just let people use as many drugs as they want?
    As long as it does not hurt you or your loved ones, let these drug abusers hurt and destroy as many lives as possible, not to mention themselves. You are a true humanitarian.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Ah, come on Wally..Wouldn't you want them to let you go?

22000 cons @ $56000/year = 1,232,000000 Sounds like a plan.

Also the longer they keep them in the harder it is to adjust to civilian life.

Jail can also make one lazy as they no longer have to worry about survival. (Except for Bubba)
    Tracers work both ways.

I think everyone is jumping the gun here. As the article said "It's just an idea, one of many that the governor has to consider"

I think if enough people complain, this "idea" will get tabled.

Lets try not to panic to early
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

[QUOTE=hvacker;1707993]Ah, come on Wally..Wouldn't you want them to let you go?

22000 cons @ $56000/year = 1,232,000000 Sounds like a plan.

22,000 cons @ $5,000 would be better plan.

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Hmmmmm.....maybe we should just let people use as many drugs as they want?
    As long as it does not hurt you or your loved ones, let these drug abusers hurt and destroy as many lives as possible, not to mention themselves. You are a true humanitarian.
    In all fairness, that remains to be seen. In the meanwhile let's revisit the drug laws, NOT abandon them. The simple fact that people are in jail for marijuana while overcrowding leads to sentencing disparities for much harder crimes, such as violent crimes ought to make us think. Those violent crimes could be punished (incarcerated) more, drug crimes punished less and then let me then ask you. Wouldn't that be better for the society at large? I'm not saying let's have America look like the district in the Netherlands. Not by any stretch. I'm saying with certain (and a limited amt.) drugs, in light of the billions and billions paid by YOU and me, that we have much bigger fish to fry.
    Unless you consider incarceration a major industry.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Locking people up for weed that overfill the jail cells needed for the rapist and violent offenders is pathetic to me.... Who are you gonna fear more, the pot-head or the sex offender?.... And people with serious drug issues need treatment, not excessive jail-time.....

Quote Originally Posted by FollettEngineer View Post
    Locking people up for weed that overfill the jail cells needed for the rapist and violent offenders is pathetic to me.... Who are you gonna fear more, the pot-head or the sex offender?.... And people with serious drug issues need treatment, not excessive jail-time.....
    No need to worry about rapists and child molesters filling cells. Judges are releasing them by the dozens.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    In all fairness, that remains to be seen. In the meanwhile let's revisit the drug laws, NOT abandon them. The simple fact that people are in jail for marijuana while overcrowding leads to sentencing disparities for much harder crimes, such as violent crimes ought to make us think. Those violent crimes could be punished (incarcerated) more, drug crimes punished less and then let me then ask you. Wouldn't that be better for the society at large? I'm not saying let's have America look like the district in the Netherlands. Not by any stretch. I'm saying with certain (and a limited amt.) drugs, in light of the billions and billions paid by YOU and me, that we have much bigger fish to fry.
    Unless you consider incarceration a major industry.
    And just by whom are these violent crimes being committed? Usually by someone who is high or in the pursuit of being high. This is not rocket science. Drugs are @#$%ing this country up and wasting swaths of human beings.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast