Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

American Standard Hybrid Comfort 95 R and Heritage 18 Heat pump Help (Philadelphia)

I had the Comfort 95 R and Heritage 18 Heat pump installed yesterday. In heat mode, it worked for a while last night, thermostat set at 70, but then inside temperature started dropping from 68 to 64, outside temp at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, mild air is coming from vent. I switched to heat emergency mode, furnace fired, temperature started going up.. By morning still in emergency mode, furnace not working, thermostat at 68, inside temp:65, outside temp: 35...

Installer came saw the problem, but could not identify cause, recycled and did his tests, furnace fires, heat pump works.. Outside temp is 41. Thermostat set to 70. Eventually heat pump stopped working, temperature started going down to 65. At 41 outside heat pump is supposed to work. Put in emergency mode, heat starts going up reaches 70, stays there. I switched back to heat pump, temperature started going down... Waited 1 hr.. switched back to emergency mode.

What is wrong? Still waiting for Customer Care installer to call back...
    Last edited by boyetp; 12-21-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Change Titke

What control? Hopefully with that equipment you have a Vision Pro IAQ model with outdoor sensor.

American Standard Hybrid Help (phillie, pa)

I do not have Vision Pro IAQ. I have the ACONT800 that came from American Standard. Additional info: Heat Pump and furnace are 5 tons. Also have AccuClean air filter.

Call installer back and ask for senior tech or service manager.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

I am with Bald, request for an upgrade to the IAQ t-stat.. Then you get the TRUE staging for your system.

Sounds like something is not wired up right.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by boyetp View Post
    I do not have Vision Pro IAQ. I have the ACONT800 that came from American Standard. Additional info: Heat Pump and furnace are 5 tons. Also have AccuClean air filter.
    If you have the 800 it would be the wrong Tstat, 803 or IAQ would work.

Quote Originally Posted by heatpumpguru View Post
    Call installer back and ask for senior tech or service manager.
    Installer will be back Sunday. He would have come tomorrow but we'll be in NY tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    If you have the 800 it would be the wrong Tstat, 803 or IAQ would work.
    So are you saying the problem could be due to the thermostat or that the 803 and IAQ are better thermostat for my equipment. I have a Honeywell humidifier too... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boyetp View Post
    So are you saying the problem could be due to the thermostat or that the 803 and IAQ are better thermostat for my equipment. I have a Honeywell humidifier too... Thanks.
    The 800 is single stage and no dual fuel. 803 and IAQ are multistage.

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    The 800 is single stage and no dual fuel. 803 and IAQ are multistage.
    Also the 802.. The 803 has humidity control, but does NOT slow down the blower... Just over cools the house.. 802 does not have humidity control.

The IAQ has humidity control, and WILL slow down the blower if the home's humidity is high. Also, the IAQ will stage your two stage furnace as it's should be, not going on the timer.

With the IAQ, the stat controls 2nd stage heat. With the 802/803 it is done by the timer, a lousy way to run a great furnace.

Also the IAQ can interface with the variable speed blower to slow the blower in the summer in times of high humidity. All the 803 can do is overcool the space if humidity is high.

Also, the IAQ will bring on backup heat if the pump isn't keeping up. That allows you to set the changover point lower. Also since Trane heat pumps are lower capacity than most, that compensates for the low output. Some matches of the 5 ton XL16i are barely over 48,000 BTU in heating

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    With the IAQ, the stat controls 2nd stage heat. With the 802/803 it is done by the timer, a lousy way to run a great furnace.

Also the IAQ can interface with the variable speed blower to slow the blower in the summer in times of high humidity. All the 803 can do is overcool the space if humidity is high.

Also, the IAQ will bring on backup heat if the pump isn't keeping up. That allows you to set the changover point lower. Also since Trane heat pumps are lower capacity than most, that compensates for the low output. Some matches of the 5 ton XL16i are barely over 48,000 BTU in heating
    Sorry. My installer just told me, I have the 803. I had the ACONT800 manual and did not see any indication on tstat, w/o prying it open what it was. Can I change the changeover point myself or do I need to have the installer do it. Right now on the Heritage 18 (2 compressors), it is set to 35degrees Fahrenheit. He told me that he has to change it outside.

If the 803 is doing the dual fuel control, get out your manual and it explains how to change the temp. Option 350 I believe. If he is using an old PLUS103 kit and semi-accurate mechanical outdoor stat, it would have to be done outdoors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast