Thread: Bacnet, Modbus

Bacnet, Modbus

My current employer is has devloped a control system that we are trying to talk to different RTUs. ie... Lennox with Bacnet and York with Modbus. It seems that all we are doing is sending a setpoint to the RTUs and it is contolling it from there. Is anyone else doing this ???? If so, what problems are you experiencing if any ???

I think the success of the project depends on the product you're using (e.g. front-end, gateway, area controller, etc.). I've had good success with sharing data between BACnet and Modbus networks. Are you using a specific control line or integration product between the two?

The controller is a Jace. The Bacnet is used for the lennox units and the Modbus is being used with the York units. The Jace is used on both. With the Lennox all we are doing is sending a setpoint to it and the IMC is doing the rest through the Etco parameters. The setup for the York will have more than one setpoint and signals for the economizer as well. I am wondering if anyone else is doing this.

I cannot vouch for Lennox's BACnet capabilities, but I have done some projects with both Modbus and BACnet using a NiagaraAX JACE and it gets the job done quite nicely.