Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    With R-414 you don't have to change the cap tube, or oil, just the filter, and start off at 80% and adjust from there. The pot will be on the upper board, if there is one, depending on the age of the machine. The overrun is the amount of air whipped into the mix and is controlled by the tube that is inserted into the hopper drain, small hole in that tube goes down. Usually the temperature of the product in the barrel is controlled by the setting of the constant pressure valve. I hope this helps, soft serv machines can be a pain. The machine you are working on may use a barrel temp control, or a solid state temp control and a temp probe. If you want a real challenge, try a Mickey D's soft serv machine.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pauuly48 View Post
    Okay good advice it is my understanding that the metal blades will last longer as well as scrape the ice cream off the tube better and help with temp. The ice cream temp is 19 degrees, I am guessing that the plastic blades aren't scraping enough off cylinder wall and it is building up. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not sure what the pressure should be on 409A I dont have much expierance with it but when I checked the chart I am going on memory here it has been a while I think the temp was -15 according to pressure. I would like to investigate a different refrigerant for this compressor I will have to look it up. Do you think bearings have anything to do with this I am not sure as both sides are doing the same thing. Thanks Paul

pauuly48

on your 409A set your psi to 10psi for the hopper system

the metal scraper blades do last longer but the plastic scraper blades are alot safer

when you order a tune up kit from your local distributer it doesnt come with the scraper blades those are extra
    Knowledge comes with experience

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyj View Post
    With R-414 you don't have to change the cap tube, or oil, just the filter, and start off at 80% and adjust from there. The pot will be on the upper board, if there is one, depending on the age of the machine. The overrun is the amount of air whipped into the mix and is controlled by the tube that is inserted into the hopper drain, small hole in that tube goes down. Usually the temperature of the product in the barrel is controlled by the setting of the constant pressure valve. I hope this helps, soft serv machines can be a pain. The machine you are working on may use a barrel temp control, or a solid state temp control and a temp probe. If you want a real challenge, try a Mickey D's soft serv machine.
    fuzzyj
    what kind of experience do you have with the models 358 and the 8634?

Nicklehead- not sure of the numbers but have worked on many different machines. Wendy's new style and old style frostys, DQ, Tastee Freeze, and a couple of Mickey D"s as well as many at the road side ice cream shop.

The older mickey d units were model 8634 and the wendys frosty units are 358

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12