Taylor soft serve

Hybrid View

Confused Taylor soft serve

Hi I am working on a 30 year old two head machine this unit should be in the graveyard. It has 409A in hopper compressor, 408A on one side and 134A on the other side. The complaint was ice cream not coming out fast enough and product spoiling in hopper. I think the ice cream problem can be solved my using metal scrapers instead of plastic and correct me if I am wrong. The ice cream temp is 19 degress. The hopper refrigerator is working good but I do get temp difference from the front to back 37 degrees in front and over 50 in back can this be a bearing problem on the auger? Next question is can this problem be solved? Thanks Paul

I just fix one last week.
    Problem is the gear box worned -out.
    And I have to replace the bearing kit and lubrication.
    Have you replace the bearing kit every half year?

Okay can you tell me what all is involved in doing this?

Try their website,they have good information there.

Quote Originally Posted by atozsvc View Post
    Try their website,they have good information there.
    Their web site doesnt support this model anymore I asked because you said you just did one thought maybe you would have some insight on the prceedure. Thanks paul

Let me guess, the hopper used to be R-12, and is a cap tube system. If my guess is right, try recovering the R-409 and replacing the cap tube and filter. When R-409 was first introduced, it was advertised as a drop in replacement for R-12, later they found that the cap tube wouldn't work, and recommended it be replaced with a longer one. Take the compressor hp and cross reference it on a Supco cap tube chart, as the factory isn't going to have any recommendations.