Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007

Only 52 scientists participated in the 2007 UN IPCC Summary.

That is nearly 8 to 1 against, what was that about consensus?

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...8-3c63dc2d02cb

Gona take me days, at least, to work through all the links on this one, lol.

I find it interesting that some of these guys were UN IPPC reviewers.

Geologist/Geochemist Dr. Tom V. Segalstad, a professor and head of the Geological Museum at the University of Oslo and formerly an expert reviewer with the UN IPCC: “It is a search for a mythical CO2 sink to explain an immeasurable CO2 lifetime to fit a hypothetical CO2 computer model that purports to show that an impossible amount of fossil fuel burning is heating the atmosphere. It is all a fiction.”
    IPCC reviewer and climate researcher Dr. Vincent Gray, an expert reviewer on every single draft of the IPCC reports going back to 1990 and author of The Greenhouse Delusion: A Critique of "Climate Change 2001: “The [IPCC] ‘Summary for Policymakers’ might get a few readers, but the main purpose of the report is to provide a spurious scientific backup for the absurd claims of the worldwide environmentalist lobby that it has been established scientifically that increases in carbon dioxide are harmful to the climate. It just does not matter that this ain't so.”
    Dr. Richard Courtney, a UN IPCC expert reviewer and a UK-based climate and atmospheric science consultant: “To date, no convincing evidence for AGW (anthropogenic global warming) has been discovered. And recent global climate behavior is not consistent with AGW model predictions.”

What was that about the debate being over?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Spam

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Spam
    Not as defined by the ARP rules...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Spam
    Spoken like a true clap-your-hands-over-your-ears-and-sing-la-la-la-la-la-style believer.

Good post, Mark.

Other noted opponents would include MIT's Alfred P. Sloan professor of meteorology Richard Lindzen (Yes, that's *MIT*), and Dr. William Gray; a professor emeritus in the Department of Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University in Fort Collins. A man that many call the world's foremost expert on hurricanes.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Its funny I just copied that link to put it in here, and then found it was already here.

And seatonheating, it would be nice of you if you could at least realize by now that the man made global warming is made up by people who have personal agendas. The only thing man made is the the global man made hoax.

Now I'm all for reducing polution of our enviroment, and we on this planet need to work on doing so. But I want real scince, we have way too many scientist looking for work looking trying to get grands (can you say our money), that have very little to do with real science, and all to do with greasing their bottom line.

It would be much better if we returned our manufacturing base, and gave them some real work to inprove our existance.

And btw seatonheating, when you type "Spam", without any explanation or discussion about this subject....THAT IS SPAM.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Blah Blah Blah....I mean You found one maybe 400 hundred -what about rest of the world, and how many book's this guy will sale to you flat world types...i dont care how many nuts - you find - just open your eyes Troll

Quote Originally Posted by phxurs View Post
    Blah Blah Blah....I mean You found one maybe 400 hundred -what about rest of the world, and how many book's this guy will sale to you flat world types...i dont care how many nuts - you find - just open your eyes Troll

phxurs,

Two posts by you this morning (last night) and they're both name calling and insults. You are welcome to participate but stop with the insults and try making a positive contribution to the forum.

I strongly suggest you read the ARP rules before making any further posts. Please click on the link in my sig line to see them.

This is an official caution.

ARPC

Well weather patterns do change and shift every year, but look around hard enough and the answer is clearly apparent about the issue. And us HVAC guys should understand this better then most people seeing how we deal with climates, whether inside or out. Since becoming a Building Engineer couple years ago, I've found Meterology to be not only fasinating, but one of the most helpful tools to solving problems. But gaining an understanding for it with more indepth research and knowledge, I'm defiantly convinced global warming is here to stay inless we presue alternitives. My 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by FollettEngineer View Post
    Well weather patterns do change and shift every year, but look around hard enough and the answer is clearly apparent about the issue. And us HVAC guys should understand this better then most people seeing how we deal with climates, whether inside or out. Since becoming a Building Engineer couple years ago, I've found Meterology to be not only fasinating, but one of the most helpful tools to solving problems. But gaining an understanding for it with more indepth research and knowledge, I'm defiantly convinced global warming is here to stay inless we presue alternitives. My 2 cents...

Its not that there are not global changes in weather, which has happend to this planet always, the question is, are we the source ?? It seems that other planets around the sun are getting warmer, so what does that tell us...maybe we need to ask the Martians..lol

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

There is no doubt that CO2 is a green-house gas. Visible passes right through CO2. IR light is absorbed by the bonds in CO2, as well as other gases with a simalar bond length. CO2 then radiates that light in all directions, including back to the earth. ANY SCIENTIST THAT DOUBTS THAT SHOULD GO BACK TO CHEMISTRY 101 or just return their diploma to the rag factory were they got it.

There is no doubt that there is more CO2 in the atmosphere now than there has been since before the dinosaurs. One of the reasons mammals survived was their more efficient breathing system to cope with the loss of O2.

There is also no doubt that the solar cycle effects the radiation output of the sun. There is also doubt about our complete knowledge of the solar cycle< as well there should be).

There is doubt about the mechanism that has caused the grobal temperatures to rise during this past century. There will be people that deny that mechanism even after 99.9% of the experts agree.

I have said it before and will say it again. When the current solar cycle ends in the coming decade, we will have a much better idea about the human contribution to the global warming. It will remove one of the largest contributors from the picture leaving CO2

On the plus side, the solar cycle is largely responcable for the popularity of beer today. During the "mini-ice-age" ghrape could not grow in northern europe, but wheat could. Wine was replaced by beer.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Letting shrubbery grow next to your house is not your fault. Nature just does that. The next time a wildfire comes by, your house will be more likely to burn down. It was not your fault, but you still buy the penalty.

That is just like global warming. It might not be our fault, but if we could do something to prevent some of the consequences we should.

Quote Originally Posted by kim View Post
    That is just like global warming. It might not be our fault, but if we could do something to prevent some of the consequences we should.
    Hey, Kim. Where ya been, man?

The quote above is the quintessential statement made in the topic. I assure you that Mr. Beiser, Roy and I are all for reducing solid particle pollutants and dependence on fossil fuels. Just maybe not for the reasons that you are.

Science, my friend, should NEVER be used as a tool for social change. Science says what it says... let's not "blow it up" so to speak.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

I have been playing in other friend's backyards. I get back here every now and then. It is less fun with the new kinder-gentler rules around here. It was fun to think of these lunatics blowing a main gasket over somebodies elses opinion being different from theirs.

As far as my reasons, I beleive it is a fundamental crime to crap in your own backyard. It is just insanity to say that crap doesn't stink.
    You must admit that we have come a long way in protecting our environment since the 70s.

I think more change will come do to raising fuel prices and newly levelized playing fields for other energy sources. You can blow until you are blue in the face. you still will not change the ideas of flat earthers. Economics has ways of its own to change the world.