Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So... You've insulated your ductwork?

And you actually paid someone to do this?

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the bypass controller.

And somewhere under this mess is a bypass damper.

I can't stand when people half_ss things. You can't see in the pics, but the original bubble insulation is beneath all that foam. Someone needs a good swift kick in the ole beanbag!!!

There is a company in my area that has been doing that for years.
    They will even encapsulate old deteriorating badly designed/installed flex duct systems. It is quite pricey too.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

ive never seen that kind of insulation.. im in the south end of NC... is that mostly a really cold climate insulation ?

That looks like the stuff they sell at home depot.

I've used some of that stuff at my house... but it was to stop crickets in a basement utility area with the main water supply line.

Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    ive never seen that kind of insulation.. im in the south end of NC... is that mostly a really cold climate insulation ?
    it's just like the little cans of Great stuff, only comes in a 55 gallon barrel and sprays on with a wand like a paint sprayer, very good r values, huge pain to remove, works great if the guy spraying it has a clue what NOT to spray, but most guys don't. We did a horizontal discharge rooftops outside duct with closed cell to superinsulate and keep from leaking water, only problem will be when the unit needs replacing only dynamite will get us to the screws! I hope I am retired by then.
    You can't fix stupid

That stuff sure does dry hard as a rock it seems.

Paint it brown and it would look like a turd.

I have talked alot of people out of that, esp when they want to come in after Ive just rework or replace the entire system. can you imagine what that will be like to tear out to do any upgrades or replace like after a fire or flood...count me out....

Quote Originally Posted by andserco View Post
    I have talked alot of people out of that, esp when they want to come in after Ive just rework or replace the entire system. can you imagine what that will be like to tear out to do any upgrades or replace like after a fire or flood...count me out....
    And that is the reason why this idea only lasted a second in my mind when I wa thinking about what to insulate my ducts with.

Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    it's just like the little cans of Great stuff, only comes in a 55 gallon barrel and sprays on with a wand like a paint sprayer, very good r values, huge pain to remove, works great if the guy spraying it has a clue what NOT to spray, but most guys don't. We did a horizontal discharge rooftops outside duct with closed cell to superinsulate and keep from leaking water, only problem will be when the unit needs replacing only dynamite will get us to the screws! I hope I am retired by then.

If it's the same as Great stuff, it won't hold up long outside unless it's covered. It's UV sensitive, and breaks down quickly in sunlight.
    Carpe Carp~ Seize the carp

OMG! I've seen allot of crap in my day's but that is definitely near the top! I wonder what the developed smoke and flame spread is on that. I bet a fire Marshall would go ape #*&^ over that.

Cool

Worse yet, it looks like a commercial property too. I don't think it would pass. Also imagine if the molder ICED dembers need to be looked over. What a mess!!!WTF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast