Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Simple take on illegal immigration

Got this in an e-mail (with cute little pictures and all) so some of you may have already seen it.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own
    borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and,
    once here, to stay indefinitely.
    Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.
    Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover
    me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all
    the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry
    and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't
    like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house) .

According to the protesters:
    You are Required to let me stay in your house
    You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
    You are Required to Educate my kids
    You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family
    (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out,
    I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold,
    uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is ! Only in America...

If you agree, pass it on ( in English). Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off.........
    along with your Retirement, Social Security funds, and a lot of other things as well.

I'm passing it along!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Nope, I hadn't seen it.

But even if I had, it is a worthy re-read.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

shhhhhhhhh
    i am trying to get illegal alien status for the tax benefits, then maybe i could get health insurance

The liberals response to the OP would be, it's not your house we are talking about while the message goes completely over their head.

If they can twist the meaning of separate church from state. I am sure they can separate house and country.

That sounds like the illegal alien that some reporter interviewed a while back. The woman had been working and living in the US for several years to get the money to move her family here. On national TV no less she said, "This is my country, I have a right to be here and my only crime is loving my kids."

Quote Originally Posted by MadeinUSA View Post
    The liberals response to the OP would be, it's not your house we are talking about while the message goes completely over their head.

NO, the liberal response would be, go after the people that employ the illegals, and when they are no longer able to employ these people, they will stop coming.

It's so simple, but then again, it relies on the fact that Americans have to do the dirty work, which we all know, Americans do not like to do. Instead, let's blame the people that come here illegally, instead of the people that hire them, yeah, that makes sense huh?

In Missouri the Governor "went after" some of the companies with illegals. They are now suing. Claiming discrimination and abuse of power.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...13947143_x.htm
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sam's lawyer makes no sense. I would say that 25 of 60 is a significant per centage of illigal employees. And if they were legal, then why were they carted off to jail?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Exactly. And, if memory serves, this isn't the only illegal employees situation that Mr. Blunt has tried to clean up--all he gets for it is trouble though. People screaming discrimination.

http://www.gov.mo.gov/cgi-bin/corant...&tmpl=newsitem
    http://newstribune.com/articles/2007...ate32blunt.txt

The above links are his latest work to help combat this problem.
    Last edited by mrs reb77; 12-21-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added link

Oh, and I might add that our Governor is a conservative in the Republican party, not a liberal. Many conservatives see the need to eliminate the loop holes that allow illegals to work but also, the illegals in country already need to be dealt with. And I don't mean by amnesty either.

Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post
    NO, the liberal response would be, go after the people that employ the illegals, and when they are no longer able to employ these people, they will stop coming.

It's so simple, but then again, it relies on the fact that Americans have to do the dirty work, which we all know, Americans do not like to do. Instead, let's blame the people that come here illegally, instead of the people that hire them, yeah, that makes sense huh?
    I agree with you there.

Right now the "dirty work" does not have to pay a decent wage becuase they have access to people who will work for less than a decent wage. When there is no more access to the cheap labor the wages will rise to attract legal workers; citizens.

Unfortunately everyone is very affraid prices will rise and slow the economy but I say, it would help the economy if we were not paying people who are not working and make them earn an honest living. ie stop hiring illegals and move people off of welfare into the workforce.

There, no more jobs for Julio. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge View Post
    stop hiring illegals and move people off of welfare into the workforce.

There, no more jobs for Julio. Bye.
    except you have to deny them welfare also because right now illegals can get benefits that many of the legal working force can not

Quote Originally Posted by dhvac View Post
    except you have to deny them welfare also because right now illegals can get benefits that many of the legal working force can not

I think that is a huge misnomer... Prove it.

Hell, the biggest collectors of government welfare are White Americans.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast