Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best work Truck

Best work Truck

I have seen some nice reading work beds in the past and really like trucks better than vans . Anyone use a Truck body with a work bed instead of a van ? Pros & cons . Thanks
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

i have both but the KUV is my favorite
    much better then the utility truck imo

I have an 8 ft enclosed reading on a dually 4 dr and like it. Several reasons. The van just has no room in the cab for help or junk. I am in a rural and jobs may be 40- 50 miles. My work is about half service/install. I buy the truck with a pu bed, and I can trade pretty cheaply every 2 to 3 years.
    Now if I was only install, I would do single cab with a 14 ft bed, but this works well in allowing me to get into any place you can a regular dbl cab.

worked out of utility bodies for over 25 yrs before switching to the kuv 2 yrs ago.

much nicer to work out of than the open utility body.

only thing i miss is the 4 wheel drive i had the utility bodies on..........

might have to get the kuv converted to 4 x 4 the next time............

i am not sure but i think they have the option for a 4x4 KUV

www.knapheide.com/literature/kuvcc-ford.pdf

You can get the KUV for a cab and chasis truck. There are many different sizes and options. The only problem is, the single rear wheel truck is only available with a 9 foot box.

Ok. I know what a KUV is but what does KUV stand for ? Kiddie Utility Vehicle ?

We have a Dodge dualie with the Cummins diesel at work. Has the Reading Classic II body with ladder racks. Very nice truck, does most of what we use it for. Lots of storage space. Only wish it was a 4x4. It has the extended cab, so there is plenty of room in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattm View Post
    Ok. I know what a KUV is but what does KUV stand for ? Kiddie Utility Vehicle ?
    Knapheide Utility Van. http://www.knapheide.com/

That's what I thought. Or is it Kindofa Utility Vehicle ?

I have a couple of pick-up cab/chassis with cargo boxes on the back. They're OK but not as much room as a cutaway van and they don't drive as good due to the more rearward weight bias.

One advantage is that you can move the body to a new cab/chassis when the old one wears out. One of my boxes is on it's second truck and has logged around 300K miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch77 View Post
    We have a Dodge dualie with the Cummins diesel at work. Has the Reading Classic II body with ladder racks. Very nice truck, does most of what we use it for. Lots of storage space. Only wish it was a 4x4. It has the extended cab, so there is plenty of room in it.
    I bought my first 4x4 thuck for my service body a few months ago. I don't how i ever lived with out it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I bought my first 4x4 thuck for my service body a few months ago. I don't how i ever lived with out it.
    Jax, did you post pictures of your truck on the Ford truck enthusiest site?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast