Replacement inducer motor

Sorry to bother you guys. My regular HVAC guy has has been working on a rental property furnace in the evenings when he gets back in town. He said it needs an inducer motor which if I picked up he could install it one evening. Seemed easy enough. After looking at it, he says it is the wrong one but the supply house says it is correct. He says the replacement doesn't have a place for the sensor (I don't remember the name). He admits he isn't a Rheem guy, but I feel bad since he's kind of doing this as a favor for me, and now its a pain.

Furnace: Rheem RGVG-07 from 1993
    Original inducer: Ametek 117104-01 - with sensor mount
    Replacement inducer: Protech 70-101087-81 - no sensor mount

Any ideas on who is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by digger2 View Post
    Sorry to bother you guys. My regular HVAC guy has has been working on a rental property furnace in the evenings when he gets back in town. He said it needs an inducer motor which if I picked up he could install it one evening. Seemed easy enough. After looking at it, he says it is the wrong one but the supply house says it is correct. He says the replacement doesn't have a place for the sensor (I don't remember the name). He admits he isn't a Rheem guy, but I feel bad since he's kind of doing this as a favor for me, and now its a pain.

Furnace: Rheem RGVG-07 from 1993
    Original inducer: Ametek 117104-01 - with sensor mount
    Replacement inducer: Protech 70-101087-81 - no sensor mount

Any ideas on who is correct?
    most likely an updated motor, call supplier and ask if it is necessary to reinstall the limit or not.
    You can't fix stupid

The old Rheem horzional furnaces had a inducer draft motor with a sensor that is attach to the housing, but the newer ones don't. I have never change a inducer draft motor on the old ones before. I would recommend checking the heat exchanger. We found some these furnaces with rust holes and cracks that are less than 15 years old.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

sounds like a limit, most likely not going to be needed as long as there is still a high limit and pressure switch.

Thanks

The official description is "heat assisted limit control - auto reset limit"

When the Criterion first came out, Rheem was trying a limit on the inducer to see if that would be OK instead of having a pressure switch. That was short lived. Obviously it didn't work out. New inducers I've seen have no place to put a temp limit on the housing.

OK, great, I'll let him know.

But one last, pre-emptive question - what happens with the existing limit sensor - leave it dangle?

Thanks all.

How are you able to get parts from a supply house?
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes

He called it in, I picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hetrola View Post
    How are you able to get parts from a supply house?
    Anyone can walk into Johnstone Supply and buy anything they want thats how.
    There will always be a way to buy equipment and parts as long as people like to make money, now there might be a problem when folks don't like to make money anymore, But I don't see that happening anytime soon do you?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Sorry again, I'm not sure of the relevance of the point here, and it wasn't 'Johnstone Supply'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Anyone can walk into Johnstone Supply and buy anything they want thats how.
    There will always be a way to buy equipment and parts as long as people like to make money, now there might be a problem when folks don't like to make money anymore, But I don't see that happening anytime soon do you?
    Thank's for the news flash, and economics 101

Rhetorical question
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes...that way you are a mile from them and have their shoes