+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mitsubishi BacHD150 Bacnet

Post Likes

Mitsubishi BacHD150 Bacnet

Hi have a Tridium system and trying to integrate the Mitsubishi BacHD150 bacnet adaptor. I set up the Mits using their tool, and can discover the BacHD150, but when I add it to my system it is shown as 'down' - 'bacnet device not operational'
    I've rechecked all of my settings on both the Tridium and Mits side of things. Can anyone offer any suggestions or help with the Mits BacHD150?
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Did you spray it with insect spray?

Wash it with water maybe?

Is it smoking?

Name:  BAC-HD150.jpg
Views: 4240
Size:  137.8 KB

I have to integrate two of these turds coming up and just looking at the manual is making my skin crawl. Lucky for me the MC is installing all the Mits and if its not working, I'm walking away until it is.

My experiences with these VRVs and their gateways has been pretty piss poor. Its gotten to the point I install an output that can toggle power to the gateways so they can be remotely rebooted. Good luck.
    Last edited by orion242; 05-29-2014 at 09:34 AM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by m_hac View Post
    Hi have a Tridium system and trying to integrate the Mitsubishi BacHD150 bacnet adaptor. I set up the Mits using their tool, and can discover the BacHD150, but when I add it to my system it is shown as 'down' - 'bacnet device not operational'
    I've rechecked all of my settings on both the Tridium and Mits side of things. Can anyone offer any suggestions or help with the Mits BacHD150?
    Thanks
    All I can say is it painful. I've done a lot of these, and it seems everytime it's like relearning the wheel. Every system seems to change. Sometimes we wire the network to the blower, other times to the condensers. Tech support is almost none existing and what you get is confusion.
    Let the Mitz guy figure out how to get the stuff to bacnet, and take it from that point.
    My guess is that the Mitz network is not configured. The tools and info are free on the web. Good luck on getting it to work.

Post Likes
    Well I managed to get a response from it. They lie about the insect spray. That's the key. Just make sure it has the max allowable DEET content.
    ]
    Seriously tho, my issue was that on the Set_BMadapter_v2100 tool I didn't add the points in the 'objects screen'. Still find it odd that the device would show down and I can still discover some points while it was down. It's up now, so that's the main thing.

Another issue that came up was that the CD that came with BacHD150 adapter contained out of date software. So I had to get the updated software. If anyone needs the updated software, PM me.

Thanks for the responses.

Post Likes
    I'm having same issue, but learning points hasn't resolved the issue.
    I can Discover the points, but as soon as I "add" them, everything is down.

Must have missed something, Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by m_hac View Post
    Well I managed to get a response from it. They lie about the insect spray. That's the key. Just make sure it has the max allowable DEET content.
    ]
    Seriously tho, my issue was that on the Set_BMadapter_v2100 tool I didn't add the points in the 'objects screen'. Still find it odd that the device would show down and I can still discover some points while it was down. It's up now, so that's the main thing.

Another issue that came up was that the CD that came with BacHD150 adapter contained out of date software. So I had to get the updated software. If anyone needs the updated software, PM me.

Thanks for the responses.

Post Likes
    Adding the points and exposing all the properties was a two step process in their software. I had the same issue at first. Check their manual, you have to not only add the points but expose the properties from what it looked like to me.

Post Likes
    I have done about 20 of these give PM me if you need any help I will do what I can.

Post Likes
    I had 4 of these that mitsubishi came and setup. Had to write a bit of logic in the jace to make occ/unoc heat/cool setpoints from a single setpoint system. After a bunch of trial and error finally had one that worked right lol.

Post Likes
    Just wondering if any one has had the same issue as i am having now with monitoring the indoor units OnOffState (status) via a Bacnet BMS (im using delta controls), just for background information we control the start stop of these units and switch on a weekly basis, the OnOffState (BI1xx02) appears to mimic the OnOffSetup (BO1xx01 Enable) so if power is lost to the indoor unit the OnOffState (status) remains on as long as the Enable is On, I was hoping to capture a communications alarm if the indoor power was interrupted but the indoor unit controls are powered from the outdoor unit so this does not indicate an alarm, the Mitsubishi Bacnet HD150 gateway is Version 2.10 Firmware 1.08.

Just wondering if any one has had a similar experience and if so how it was resolved.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Yes I can confirm your experience with the onoffstate vs onoffsetup. The only way I was able to to identify errors in communication is through the errorcode point.

Post Likes
    I hate to hijack the thread but has anyone had any luck with the HD150. I have one connected and can discover it through the JACE but when it comes in it shows device not operational. Any tips or tricks to get this thing to work correctly? Also, does anyone have the latest version of the SETBM_Adapter software? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    You need to enable the VRV Bacnet crap in their software. Until the bacnet points are enabled in the gateway, you will only see the HD150 off memory.

Setup software - https://app.box.com/s/yvsohix08hvayo4wvd4yhio4jxqc4cx3

Post Likes
    Look on www.mylinkdrive.com...click the American flag then controls bachd150 is there with the software and everything...there are 2 ip addresses, you only use the first one...then you have to turn on the points you want to be able to see...you also have to set the system to online. They are fairly strait forward...I do initial setup and hand it over to a control guy with a points list and usually they just work...
    "If history repeats itself I am so getting a dinosaur"

Post Likes
    Okay, so I updated the software and now I get a setting tool version error when I try to get the settings or make any changes to the HD150. I've tried uninstalling the new version and reinstalling the old and get the same error. I cannot get the new version to completely uninstall so it keeps launching the new version. Is there a factory reset on this thing to get back to completely out of the box stock?

Post Likes
    Where can I get the latest version of the configuration tool?
    Knowledge is money - Ignorance is expensive!!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    The contractor supposedly set up the HD150.
    I can ping the devices, but cannot discover them on the FX60.
    Can someone please share a screenshot of the Bacnet/IP property sheet? want to make sure I set it up properly.
    I can discover Automated logic controllers (not for my system, but on the same network).

Thanks
    Knowledge is money - Ignorance is expensive!!

Post Likes
    Ok, heres an interesting question for you. Are they licensed? Not sure if it applys to the bac hd150, but I had a device then never got the license "charged" from mitsubishi. I was able to set it up but not discover it.

Post Likes
    Finding software on an old Htalk post for the win! Thanks guys whose links still work for this software.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in