Inducer motor fills with water

Hi there. Our new Goodman furnace frequently does not start up. Removed name of company and owner installed our furnace and assured us that he had installed it correctly. They later installed a drain on the exhaust pipe to help to drain the furnace, but that didn't help either. Can anyone here that is familiar with goodman comment on their "fix" for the flooding inducer motor?

Thanks

Below is a photo of the installation:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i.../heaterboy.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by HeyBob; 07-15-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: See above

I don't think it is right for you to post a technician or company name on this site. Especially if you are asking us to double check his work. I hope that no one on here is willing to comment on that photo as I feel you are headhunting here and i wont be a part of it.

The drain system is not installed properly. Hire someone that knows how to read an install manual and copy what the pictures show to properly install your furnace.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The drain system is not installed properly. Hire someone that knows how to read an install manual and copy what the pictures show to properly install your furnace.
    Might want to get someone to address your pop off drain on your water heater
    while your getting your furnace corrected, did the same company install your water heater?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    I don't think it is right for you to post a technician or company name on this site. Especially if you are asking us to double check his work. I hope that no one on here is willing to comment on that photo as I feel you are headhunting here and i wont be a part of it.
    Mustard man - get over yourself. What do you expect him to do? We slam hacks everyday on WOS. It is NOT correct and needs to be fixed before a rusted out HX is in the picture. I'd never install like that.

There is a REASON that the inducer is flooding and what I am looking at is a bandaid - not a solution.

i can't rule out internet sales as the source of this equipt. a stupid fix on a stupid mistake looks like diy to me.
    i was born under a wandrin star.

I bet it fills up!! Get some one to fix asap.Very simple
    Poor Richard knows not what he does
    Mustardman- I agree that names should not be used but isnt safety more important. I can see that unsupported vinyl tubing falling out sooner than later.
    Tell the repairman- if needed- to check book on the "drain elbow" and dont forget to install 3" coupling where the drain tube is cut in

Im with Mustardman and can care less at what balistics opinion is ....... get over yourself.

This sight is not here to be naming companies with no proof of of wether it is fact or fiction. You want everyone in here naming their competition as a hack , wether they are or not ????????

Thats fine if you want a DYI to ask if its a hack job........ but naming companies ?????????

I think someone is droping the ball as far as monitoring this post, Naming companies with no proof ??????

Someone .....do your job

Oh and Balistic , you can ignore my opinion if ya want.

Dec thank you. I think you said it a lot better than i did. if you want to post pics and ask questions about an install fine I will help with that. but posting names and companies is crossing the line

Quote Originally Posted by stonefly View Post
    i can't rule out internet sales as the source of this equipt. a stupid fix on a stupid mistake looks like diy to me.
    as bad as it is, I've never seen a DIY look this good... No duct tape, holes, etc.

Drains would be right, if it was setup as a downflow, but looks like its configured as an upflow? Drain setup is definitely the problem. Didn't need the picts to know that. Should be able to handle the water if they were right.

Shameful behavior for any contractor, to not guarantee their work. We have a 90 day labor guarantee, because nobody's perfect.

inducer motor w/water

Ihad the same exact prob last winter. No heat 'cause the motor coulden't get up to speed 'cause of the drag of the water. my problem was the furnace was multi-poise and the inducer housung had to be rotated 45 degrees to put the inducer cond. drain on the bottom . Solved my prob. in 15 mins. and the poor ho had no heat in that upstairs furnace 'cause the side jobber only installed the furnace , turned it on & walked away & never came back. Made a customer for life & got to come back & do a proper startup a few days later. Good luck with yours........Jack

[QUOTE=Oh and Balistic , you can ignore my opinion if ya want.[/QUOTE]

No, I am not going to ignore your opinion. In hindsight, i can see your point. I was angry about that post and the safty hazard it poses to the H/O and as such reacted.

But, I see your point and will offer my apoligies at this point to Mustardman. I reacted unjustly.

Guys, this thread is old. When you see someone name a company or person, please report the post.