Confused Outdoor HO Series Humidity/Temp Sensor

Does anyone have any hands on experience on this Veris Industries sensor? I'm getting a -43 for a temp reading and a -1 for a humidity input displayed at the DX9100. It's a transmitter sensor with a 4-20ma output. When I disconnect the temp circuit at the sensor it changes to -73. Started working on it late today so
    I haven't had a chance to check the output. The transmitter range is -58 to 122. Outdoor temp was about 60.

Model # HO2XMSTA1
    If I tell you how long I have been in this business, would it really matter?

First, check to see if the jumpers on the back
    of the DX-9100 are correct.
    Check the program to see if defined and ranges are correct.
    Check wiring:
    one blue and one orange on 15vdc terminal of DX-9100.
    Then blue on humidity AI and then orange on temp AI.

See following:

http://www.veris.com/file_uploads/ho_d.pdf

I think it has vac power supply and the wiring diagram states it must be vdc. This thing has been like this for over 3 years.

Had the right dc input and the right jumper settings on xt module. Going to replace sensor. Will post results.

Thanks!

Make sure to check the configuration of the AI in the GX9100 program. It should be configured as an active input, measurement units=1 (temperature) or 2 (%) for humidity, type of active input=1 (4-20mA), high and low ranges to match the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by foyler View Post
    Make sure to check the configuration of the AI in the GX9100 program. It should be configured as an active input, measurement units=1 (temperature) or 2 (%) for humidity, type of active input=1 (4-20mA), high and low ranges to match the sensor.
    I might be mistaken but AI input is configured in this case for temperature and is being used as chilled water input. When a xt module is added the jumpers on each module are what define the active input.

It also has to be set as an active input in the configuration of the AI. Active for volts or milliamps - passive for resistive.

Replaced control and had proper input to controller. Thanks for the help.