Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Solder glob

How I would have loved a youngster to do a job like that for me to see. I'd take him over to my vice with some copper and fittings and have him burn up some copper for ten minutes. Then the end tubes on condersors. Then I'd teach him how to braze in 10 minutes. I can only imagine the stress he was under on a mess like that.

solder job!!!!

Did Stevie Wonder do this !!!!

It was just a guy thinking that a little bit of water leaking past his water valve would not matter, because his torches could produce so much heat! The poor guy chased the vapor pin hole like a dedicated rookie looking to solve the problem.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

thats the gorrila snot technique. ugly as gorrilla snot, but it'll hold
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

wow did he have to go to the wholesale house to get more silphos lmao

Quote Originally Posted by powerup View Post
    How I would have loved a youngster to do a job like that for me to see. I'd take him over to my vice with some copper and fittings and have him burn up some copper for ten minutes. Then the end tubes on condersors. Then I'd teach him how to braze in 10 minutes. I can only imagine the stress he was under on a mess like that.
    I agree...my guess was a green tech who was asked if he could braze...he didn't want to look bad in front of the boss and said "sure can". Got on the job and had no clue but did manage to seal it up (if thats what you want to call it) Just goes to show how spending a few minutes doing some training can only help in the long run.
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    I agree...my guess was a green tech who was asked if he could braze...he didn't want to look bad in front of the boss and said "sure can". Got on the job and had no clue but did manage to seal it up (if thats what you want to call it) Just goes to show how spending a few minutes doing some training can only help in the long run.
    Or a seasoned tech that thought he could.too many times I see things like:To much gas pressure,no preheating,flame set wrong,to large or small of a tip,etc. all from so called guys that 'know how to do it".
    Take your time & do it right!

Try this some time.. Next time you replace a compressor try brazing the stubs on the old compressor shut without crimping them That really teches you flame control with 15% silver solder

It IS possible! WHY?? I noticed one sunday organizing the truck that I forgot to braze one shut and cracked open a beer and tried it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12