Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Common?

Recently found a dowflow/ horizontal in undercrawl had what customer called (special vent pipe) high temp plastic sealed with rtv customer said just needs a service a 15 year old rheem with 5 holes in the # 3 tube flame roll on fan start finally got bad enough to open roll switch looked like it had hammer holes in it. Isthis common on rheem /ruuds?

all furnaces since 91 had spark ign or HSI, I have been a RUUD dealer the whole time either it is alot more the 10yrs old or the temp is a crack head-self proclaimed engineer jacka$$ and decided to redesign the furnace while high on previously mentioned crack

has anyone else seen in Rheem and Lennox furnace a rust likeline develope in the heatexchanger as the burners inshot but it doesnt open, cvause flame disturbance or emit co into the airstream?

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Whats with the standing pilot system?
    Someone downgrade it from HSI?
    Carrier had one

Quote Originally Posted by ruud-man View Post
    Sammyray...

I think if I came across a 2 year old heat excahnger in that condition I would be checking a few things. Temp rise too low, return air too cold, or VOCs in the air.

I wouldn't be surprised if the second htx lasts abot as long as the first...

Best regards,
    The reason that furnace look that bad and heat exchanger was rusted out. The roof had a water leak and the customer never change the air filter. I should have took a picture of the evaporator coil it was a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by lil' randy View Post
    all furnaces since 91 had spark ign or HSI, I have been a RUUD dealer the whole time either it is alot more the 10yrs old or the temp is a crack head-self proclaimed engineer jacka$$ and decided to redesign the furnace while high on previously mentioned crack
    Looks like it must have been a RGDG/UGDG which was eventually replaced with the RGPH/UGPH model. That Inducer motor here in Ga runs about $ 150.00+ to the trade to replace and the vent tube and shield is another C note. I sell an average of 30+ of the replacement inducers a season.

The RGPH/UGPH model was HSI, which eventually got replaced by a DSI control.

Martin
    whaaaaa, you let all the smoke out

Dangerous is an understatement the pilot flame also gives off c.o gas which is the reason for the hood w/tube lucky someone wasn,t killed by the looks of that unit, that kind of stuff makes real techs look bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jims understudy View Post
    Dangerous is an understatement the pilot flame also gives off c.o gas which is the reason for the hood w/tube lucky someone wasn,t killed by the looks of that unit, that kind of stuff makes real techs look bad
    I agree with you...
    That customer was lucky that the pilot kept going out.

I agree with agentphelps...why a sane person would not instantly cap that line and red tag is beyond me. that thing just looks horrendous.

WOW Carbon Dioxide Hmm

I can't imagine a service tech doing something like that. More likely a handy man or even the homeowner.

that tech should be beating within an inch of his life

well isn't that special.
    Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast