Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Post Likes

    heat recovery unit?

    I am trying to research different brands/models etc. of what I thought was called a heat recovery unit. I am building my own home and want to use the waste heat the ac unit produces to assist water heater. What is it called? And any advice?
    thanks, Brix

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Round Rock
    Post Likes
    I would just buy a more efficient unit or a tankless. I know that Carrier will void all factory warranties if they find (which they probably never will) it hooked up to their units. I've installed many and for the most part, the results are good. But their have been a few that weren't so good. When it comes time to change out your equipment down the line. You will be charged more to hook it back up than to just change out the unit without it. I personally wouldn't put one on my house, but to each their own.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Post Likes
    Contractor locator map


    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    SW FL
    Post Likes

    Thumbs up Hot Water Heat Pump

    Quote Originally Posted by brix View Post
    a heat recovery unit. ... What is it called?
    Desuperheater, but also consider Solar or

    HWT heat pump maybe the most appropriate equipment is as shown in following links based on your specific locale.
    Last edited by dan sw fl; 12-16-2007 at 08:24 AM.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

    Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.