Confused exiting velocities of steam boilers

O.K. you guys will have to be gentle it's my first post on this site ,i am not a newbie and am looking for some opions on proper steam exiting velocities ,promblem being i am working on a burmham K1105 gas fired steam boiler and am having difficulties on get steam to one lone long main ,i have redone the main vents and rad vents throughout this 3 building 10 apartment complex,promblem being this one long main refuses to to get steam to the end of the main while the rest of the 7 other end of the main vents and drips are cooking .I have gone so far as to choke back all other mains by removing and plugging the main vents and no change .the boilers input is 780,000 btus and output 640,000 after doing some math i come up with a exiting velocity of 37.5 fps on my usually steam boiler near boiler piping i strive to get my exiting velocity between 10 to 15 fps and never have had a promblem ,because of this velocity i know the existing header is producing wet steam ,the existing boiler header
    consisted of 2 - 3 " riser into a drop header the header size is only 4 " this header picks up 2 - 2 1/2 and 1- 3 ' steam main and drops into a terribly piped 2 ' equilizer and hartford loop ,The boiler is running off a vaportroll and a white rodger temperture averaging thermostat using 2 remote sensors originally the boiler was operated off a heat timer control and it worked terriblly ,there was terrible mid and end of the cycle burner short cycling mainly because the heat timer had no real indoor living space sensor only a strap on .The system had many promblems when i first arrived like completely uneven steam distrubtion ,water hammer ,1 st and 2 nd rad vents shooting water from vents , boiler flooding,water hammer in hortizontal returns above boilers water line ,wrong pressuretroll ,the list of promblems goes on and on .after straighten out all that garbage i am left with with one steam main which is lagging about 10 to 15 minutes behind the rest of the system ,This promblem has i believe plagued this system from the day the original plumbers had replaced the boiler 2 years ago ,the building owner sort of refuses to believe that his 4 inch header is the root of the promblem ,any one with any experiences that might indicate that the header is the promblem well your views would be welcome thanks in advance peace and good luck clammy

your a defector .. from the other sight, aren't ya ....

how well are the supply lines insulated. Steam will go only to a certain point and then turn back to condensation if the lines arent properly insulated

you may have steam at the closet but the farthest one the steam is cooling down before it gets that far and condensing. Dont close off the other rads just slow down the flow rate of the air being pushed out by changing the vents to smaller ones this will alow the rads to heat at a more even rate while the steam is being pushed to the farther rads

We service the same model boilers with 4" headers. Not having the trouble your listing. So its not the main problem.

Have you checked the return leg.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

returns replaced

The returns that i have not replaced i have checked and they are clear,as for raditor vents the promblem building is using gorton35 on !st floor apt and gorton #6 on the 2nd floor the rest of the other 2 building are using 4 and 5 respectively ,the one fact i have left out is that these are some long mains running through garages and basements all the pipes are insulated and the insulation is in good shape as for total length of all supply mains i would say about 350 to 400 feet and the promblem is in a sub main off a 2 1/2 main which heats pretty much in balance with the rest of the system this is the longest and the farest main from the boiler and is about 50 to 65 ft long before it end of the main vent and drip into a loop seal hope this infromation helps abit more peace and good luck clammy

is there a main line vent near the end of the long run to help in getting the air out faster so the steam can get to the riaser before it cools down