purchase a thermopile boiler.

Anyone know who makes a decent priced powerpile, or thermopile (whatever you wanna call it) boiler for reasonable prices? My power went out last winter for a few days and I wanted one ever since. I'd like to just pipe in a couple of rooms...like the living room and the kid's room....Just so we can stay warm if it happens again. Thanks

As far as I know, nobody makes one. Don't you miss the old days?
    never say never

I'm assuming that you're thinking of building a gravity flow system here. If not then you're still going to need power to run a circulator.

Assuming you're doing the gravity system: then get a standing pilot boiler and a power converter that'll handle the 120V needs of the boiler (very minimal without the circulator). On a good sized car battery you should be able to get a day or so of run time.... if not you can always charge the battery back up with the car.

Do lots of research as to how to plumb a correct gravity system.

If allowed by code, you might be able to use a standing pilot water heater as your heat source.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Have the electric line for youor existing boiler converter to a regular 120 plug.
    Then go and buy a small generator.
    When the power goes out, fire up the genny. Cost lees then a second boiler and piping.

PS: Keep the generator out of the house.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?