Thread: off on ofc

off on ofc

Hello everyone. Have a ? Was leak checking a came across a rack that had 5 compressors with comp#4 and #5 off on oil. This is a parallel system. Before hitting the reset i noticed #5 oil site glas level was(HIGH)full and #4(1/3 with foam)reset ofc and retrived oil psi had 40# net oil pressure. Just so happen circuit went into defrost (circuit was the last circuit on the run right above comp#5). The defrost is hot gas . While in def i felt the circuit suction and pipeping was hot on both side of the sorit and warmer on the suction filter for compressor #5 than the other comp.Could the hot gas be condenceing in #4 and #5 causing this problem, and should the pipeing be hot on both sides of the sorit?? Any replies are thanked in advance.

Sounds to me like you have a sorit/suction stop tha is not holding. I would replace valve for that circuit. Also check oil float on both compressors.All that hot gas may be washing oil out of compressors,you will know more after changing valve. Depending on sorit valve you may be able to put rebuild kit in instead of replacing the whole valve.

Quote Originally Posted by tnbasshunter View Post
    Sounds to me like you have a sorit/suction stop tha is not holding. I would replace valve for that circuit. Also check oil float on both compressors.All that hot gas may be washing oil out of compressors,you will know more after changing valve. Depending on sorit valve you may be able to put rebuild kit in instead of replacing the whole valve.

What he said..........