SPOTTS...I was born in Ft Morgan...

Been so busy, just been ignoring the convention threads until today. Surprised to see your out of Ft Morgan. I was actually born at the hospital in Greeley. Per chance, do you know the Ravert family? My mother Robin and her sister Connie born out on Log Lane. My grandmother Marjorie Ravert still lives on 9th Street in Ft Morgan, she basically spends all her time at the Presbyterian Church out there. My aunt Connie is an accountant at the infamous beet factory. My late Grandfather William owned the Morgan Cycle Shop and was also history teacher in the RE-3 school district (Baker School). He was the Master Mason their at the local lodge.

When the dates/times are worked out for the grand get-together, count me in. Haven't been back to Ft Morgan in years.
    Last edited by slctech; 12-14-2007 at 11:42 PM.

You can fix your post now.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Thanks JR

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Been so busy, just been ignoring the convention threads until today. Surprised to see your out of Ft Morgan. I was actually born at the hospital in Greeley. Per chance, do you know the Ravert family? My mother Robin and her sister Connie born out on Log Lane. My grandmother Marjorie Ravert still lives on 9th Street in Ft Morgan, she basically spends all her time at the Presbyterian Church out there. My aunt Connie is an accountant at the infamous beet factory. My late Grandfather William owned the Morgan Cycle Shop and was also history teacher in the RE-3 school district (Baker School). He was the Master Mason their at the local lodge.

When the dates/times are worked out for the grand get-together, count me in. Haven't been back to Ft Morgan in years.

I actually put in Marge's furnace and air. As a matter of fact........ I've worked for her since 1985. Just saw her the other day. Looks like arthritis is really taking it's toll on her back. She is very crooked now. Did you ever go to school here?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

No I never did go to school there, I was born in Greeley and only lived my first few months in Fort Morgan. My father ended up going to school at Colorado State in Fort Collins. After graduation they moved here to Salt Lake. Been here ever since. Every two or three years my brothers and sisters and I all car pool out in a big old rented Ford Excursion and visit her. We haven't had the chance over the years and sad to say time flies and three years have gone by since I have had a chance to visit her.

I just got a Xmas card from her the other day and she was talking about the fact that she is now walking with a cane. She was stating she has been having trouble with steps. I worry about her alot. She is really kind of alone out there. Definitely will use the future convention as a great excuse with the wife to go out and visit her. No hotel for me!! I will be sleeping at Grandmas house. Maybe she'll make some of her famous cookies for me. Use to get a tupper ware full every xmas, but now that has since stopped. Miss those damn cookies! Shes proud of them, so hit her up for some next time you see her. She'd get a kick out of that.

True to fact, I notice you called her Marge, must mean you know her well. Please let her know that her granson George loves her and misses her much next time you see her.

When you installed her system, it better have been a sweet deal and a great install, or you and I will be having words.....HE HE HE HE Thanks for everything you have done for her in the past and let me know the plans for this convention once they materialize.

Thanks so much

George
    Last edited by slctech; 12-21-2007 at 01:26 AM.

Ft Morgan is about the same size as Bennington. I remember the beet factory when Spotts took me on the tour. Too bad the old fort is gone.

I'm looking forward to going to an "out west" convention.