Thread: spyder stager

spyder stager

when using a aia into a stager, the first stage will not turn off when cmnd% = 0. i was told on the hwell forum to use a cycler instead of a stager. the help docs state " set cph=0 means stager functionality". when i attempt to set cph=0 i get a "invalid range" mesage.
    also when anticipator authority is set to 100,the value reverts back to 1 when the config view is viewed again.

does anyone have a solution for this?

Check out the manual, it shows that it will not turn off the first stage until your -Hyst. So if your Hyst is set for 10, then your stager input needs to be less than -10 for it to shut off.

And I posted a solution... Did you not like that one?
    “It is impossible for one to learn what one thinks they already know"

You could also just put a -1 subtract block between your aia and stager.
    Go Rangers!

code i did what you suggested and used a ratio block and it worked. it seems strange you have to take those steps to turn off your last stage.

john h sugested the cycler and i thought it might save a step but it seems that the documentation is wrong or i am not setting up the cycler block correctly. i suppose the spyder is a work in progress.

being fairly new to control programing, and not doing it 100% of the time(we have alot of no heat calls,start ups and piping to do) and having only worked with lcbs and now webs i guess i'm niave in thinking this stuff should work as expected. i suppose you will have this when software engineers , not control or hvac guys, write the programs.

code and L i appreciate your help

ALL software is a work in progress...
    “It is impossible for one to learn what one thinks they already know"