Guest Room Control Project

Guest Room Control Project

starting a guestroom control project from scratch... looking for an ethernet soultion to utilize an already existing cat6 for centeral control. need a thermostat that can monitor humidity, commincate and act as a controller all under a small budget. have had numerous proposals from companys running around a half million (way too much) looking at doing the project our selfs to cut that number in half. Any Ideas ? (around 1700 units to contol)

Quote Originally Posted by billfl24 View Post
    have had numerous proposals from companys running around a half million (way too much) looking at doing the project our selfs to cut that number in half. Any Ideas ? (around 1700 units to contol)
    so you want to do it for $250K,
    That is $250K/1700 is less $150 per unit. If you are talking about the hardware/installation and programming, I'm afraid your budget is too low, in my opinion anyway.

There are products on the market designed specifically for guest room control. THe company I work with have supplied a number of large projects with room control options utilizing BACnet or Lontalk.

Really depends on what type of functionality you a looking for and how you are calculating project total cost (ROI) for installation and materials.

Have a look at the following product and please contact our support department should you be interested in recieving more information.

http://www.viconics.com/vt7300.htm

Here's what your looking at:

$800 per t-stat
    $7000 per FX-40 to monitor up to 100 t-stats
    $7000 for FX-Server to tie all the FX-40's together

(800 x 1700)+(7000 x 17)+7000 = 1,486,000

That's without know the exact application for the t-stat's.